Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2001, 03:44 AM   #1
Dendy

I am new to this forum so maybe I am asking something which already has been answered a few times. Nevertheles I have a problem.
This is the second time I restarted the whole game since after a certain time all my characters gets 0!!! HP when gaining level (they get only the bonus from CON only). I have an original copy, the latest patch is installed, I never used any hacks or editors.. and still. I play on the 2nd easieast thus I should get max HP when leveling. Could anybody tell me why I am runnig into this anoying bug(?). Or am I missing something here?

Old 02-20-2001, 03:51 AM   #2
Sylent

I have never heard of that problem, but as your characters get to higher levels (10, 11, 12) they only get 1, 2, or 3 hitpoints per level up, depending on class (ie. fighters get 3, and mages get 1).
This may not be the problem, are you sure that you got 0?
Welcome to the board !!!!

Old 02-20-2001, 03:56 AM   #3
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hi Sylent, thought that you said you were about to leave?? Glad you havenīt!

Dendy, first of all welcome to the board!
Well havenīt encountered this, should only happen if you have a very very low Con ability score. Have you updated BG2? There is a official Patch that might help you out..
Old 02-20-2001, 04:02 AM   #4
Dendy

Hi, thank you for the nice welcome

OMG, I only realized (I should have read the manual more carefully, lol) that getting only one HP with a mage after 10th level is normal..hehe , thanks for the quick answer.

Then my stupid question changes like this : Shouldn't I get the CON bonus after the 10th level? ie a mage with CON 18 shouldn't get 3 HP per leveling (1+2 CON bonus) ?

Old 02-20-2001, 04:05 AM   #5
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Yes he should, 18 in Con, isnīt that like a +3 to hit points? That would be like 1+3=4 ??
Well check the interplaysite and head over to BG2 site and check what the patch is adressing, I know that this has been buggy in other DoD games to..
Old 02-20-2001, 05:06 AM   #6
Dendy

Okay, problem solved. Thanks for all the help.

Wolfgir, I investigated the "case" and found the following (just FYI)

quote from patch RM "fixed bug where mages, thieves, sorcerers and bards weren't getting their CON hp bonus when going level 9 to 10"

I only installed the new patch after I first encountered the problem, so those who are not lazy like me will have no problem at all

(Wolfgir, the HP bonuses from CON are like this: CON15 +1, CON16 +2, CON17 +3(Only for warriors) CON 18 +4(Only for warriors)

Old 02-20-2001, 06:54 PM   #7
Sylent

I thought about leaving, but obviously, I haven't!
I enjoy coming here, so I might aswell continue right? Even if I don't have that much spare time...
Dendy... I was pretty sure the constitution bonuses worked like that, 17con=+3 (only for warriors (fighter/ranger/paladin/barbarian/monk?))
Therefore, there is no point having more than sixteen constitution with a mage or theif.
I like the signature Wolfgir!