Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2001, 01:45 PM   #1
RAISTLIN

I'm playing with my original character rolled from BGI. Problem is that he only has an intelligence of 12. This 12 is limiting the number of spells he can write to his book. Although i do not like spoiler, I would appreciate it if someone could tell me if there are any special items, tomes, characters or quests that would have the ability to permanently raise this intelligence level.
Old 01-19-2001, 01:56 PM   #2
Sherpa Doug
Dungeon Master

The only way I know to perminately raise intelligence is by Tome, and I think there is only one of those and it raises intelligence by only one point. I am afraid your int 12 mage is...um...er... occupationally challenged!

Sherpa Doug
Sherpa Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 04:48 PM   #3
ArmageddonX
Welcomed New User

Just for the fun of it, on one of my save games, I duplicated each tome until all my characters had 25 of each stat. Other than being able to hold 1600 lbs, having slightly better accuracy and damage, and a faster regeneration rate, it really didn't do much for me. Oh, the lore bonus was really nice though.

When you created your mage, why didn't you reroll him until he had 18 int and wis and somewhere between 13-18 str/dex/con and 3 charisma?

If you want to know how to CHEAT to get more stat points (three ways), just create a new post asking that and I should be around and answer it.

Also, the tome of intelligence is !SPOILER! in Razimath's Tower on the north side of Baldur's Gate !SPOILER!
ArmageddonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 04:51 PM   #4
ArmageddonX
Welcomed New User

OH! And another thing... why does it have to be permanent? Why not just use a potion of intelligence, use all your unusable spells, and when the potion runs out your spells will remain. Also, you shouldn't be able to lose a spell no matter what, prolly just a bug in the game.
ArmageddonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 05:35 PM   #5
RAISTLIN

I didn't reroll him for better stats because i ahve been away from RPG's for awhile and forgot about certain traits being essential for certain roles. Translation operator error/poor planning.
Thanks for the help but i realized that i posted this on the BGI site and i am now playing BGII.
Ant help for him in BGII???
Old 01-20-2001, 11:54 PM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Armageddon, if you're going to cheat (nothing wrong with that) make it easier and less time consuming for yourself and get Gatekeeper (BG1) or Shadowkeeper (BG2). Saves you having to duplicate tomes and tediously raising all your stats. Oh, if you want to cheat but not make yourself have godlike attributes, a good way to do it is to increase the number of attacks you have per round. That's why Drizzt is lethal, he has 5 attacks per round. Even if you only do an average of 10 points of damage you only need to hit an ogre 3 times to kill it in the first round of battle.

Raistlin, in a word, no. There are no tomes in BG2. There are potions that temporarily increase your intelligence so you can scribe spells while under their influence, but seeing as intelligence is a prime requisite for mages you might find the going a bit tough.
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote