Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2005, 04:58 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

As usual, if you don't like BB, go away. [img]smile.gif[/img] this is for BB fans. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

8 chics and 6 guys..

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/bigbrother6/

Big Brother Twist Revealed!
From Variety:

"Competition skein's jackpot being increased to $1 mil

By JOSEF ADALIAN

CBS summer staple "Big Brother" is getting a million-dollar facelift for 2005 -- in more ways than one.

In addition to the skein's new digs (Daily Variety, May 6), exec producers Arnold Shapiro and Allison Grodner have engineered a twist to the game that could result in the contest winner walking away with $1 million. That's double the game's usual $500,000 jackpot.

Getting the coin won't be easy, however.

As part of their annual effort to reinvent the game of "Big Brother," producers have come up with a scheme in which every cast member of "Big Brother 6" will walk into the house with a ready-made alliance -- a best friend, co-worker or significant other.

However, each pair of players will be told they're the only two participants coming into the house with a partner -- even though there will actually be seven teams of two playing the game. Teams also will be told to keep their alliances secret -- at least if they want to win the big money.

"The incentive is (for partners) to get to the end of the game sitting side by side," said Grodner. "If they do, the winner will get $1 million and the second-place person will get $250,000. It's in their best interests to keep it a secret."

If a twosome doesn't make it to the finals, winner will get the usual $500,000, while the runner-up will snag a measly $50,000.

Viewers won't find out which players are partnered until the season's third episode (skein returns July 7). But Shapiro and Grodner already are expecting plenty of what latter calls "soap opera stories" to emerge from a house in which everyone already knows someone.

"These are people who already like each other, but the question is, will (the friendships) last until the end when money's involved?" Grodner said.

Producers are planning myriad mini-twists throughout the season as part of what they're calling "the summer of secrets."

"Every year we do something exotic," Shapiro said. "Last year it was a 'twin twist,' the year before it was the 'ex' factor. This year, there are a number of secrets involving the cast, involving the new house and involving the game. And like an onion, they'll be peeled away week after week throughout the summer."

One early twist will come early in the game when houseguests discover there are only 10 beds for the 14 of them. That's because the new two-story house contains a secret bedroom.

There also have been rumblings that producers might allow each week's "head of household" to maintain a blog, likely via CBS.com-- a first for a network reality show. But the Eye declined to confirm speculation about Web content related to the show, which has traditionally included a pay-per-view Web feed component.

Extreme makeover of the "Big Brother" house includes a second-level master suite (complete with balcony and private bathroom); a full-sized gym; and a new studio for host Julie Chen.

New digs were created by set designer Scott Storey ("Surreal Life"), who was charged with making the house "a character in the show," Grodner said.

Shapiro also credited "technical genius" Gene Crow for making sure the new house's control rooms and edit bays worked. "The fact that we're getting a signal (to CBS Television City) is a credit to him," he said.

New house boasts five extra cameras (for a total of 47) and 10 new mics (for a total of 76).

The 14 cast members are a particularly young lot: 10 are under 30, and the oldest is just 36.

"Big Brother" is from Shapiro-Grodner and Endemol USA.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 03:08 AM   #2
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Sounds good for your new season. We are about a 1/3 through our season here and they have done the twin thing here as well.

Also our prize money was 1 mill but if the housemates broke the rules (i.e no mic's on, talking about evictions etc) then they lost $5000 from the 1 mill.

Our winner here is currently looking to walk away with $720,000 so they have already lost 280,000 dollars because of rule breaking.

it sure does raise tension in the house when people are losing money.
Old 06-30-2005, 05:31 AM   #3
Jorath Calar
Harper

Is it just me, or is that Jay Leno in drag?

[img]smile.gif[/img]
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 10:14 AM   #4
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Dam you need to pay to warch the live feed again. I liked it in the first season when it was free.

Still i will be watching this show I like BB.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:36 AM   #5
Mack_Attack

I am really starting to dislike that firer fighter dude. Seems to be a boss of the house and no one likes that. And the next hated person has to be Evete. She is such a suck up.

Anyone else have some one they like or do not like.

I like Howie and the Irac dude.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:38 PM   #6
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Yeh, tonight ROCKED!!!!!! Kaysar won HOH! Thank GOD because he was gone if he didnt win.

I TOTALLY Hate:

Ivette aka "Bitch" [img]smile.gif[/img] or Evilette
Eric (Fireboy) aka "Cappy" aka CRAPPY aka Mini-me

Hope K noms them.

I watched the fight on the live feeds.. man, they didn't show ANYWHERE NEAR what happened... Eric should have been kicked out. Scott from season 4 was thrown out for less. GRRR. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, good ep.. live feeds are cool. there are 3 safes in the goldroom, and somewhere in the house, there are secrets to reveal the combo to them.. they were SO close to finding it last night.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 11:39 AM   #7
Mack_Attack

Man you have the live feed. You dog I wanted to get that as well. But if I did I am sure I would never leave the computer.

And yessssssss Mini me is gone. [img]smile.gif[/img]

But looks like another shake up this week with mini me's allie getting HOH.