Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2002, 06:38 AM   #51
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Tiamat:
But.... still you guys spam...... good spam and evil spam.... whats the difference? IMHO, this is the ONLY forum that even allows being off topic......... I have even seen Bg2 stuff in here once..... Check IGN boards- there are no big spammers there... .because my friend sed they have a better TOS. Thats just his opinion...... I have seen things in my school that makes my bizzarre behaviour seem normal...... to be honest I am like *IMO* in the insane school....... mostly the girls...... I would NEVER know..... but they act crazy! I need 2 more years to build resistance because I cant take that degree of silliness yet...... yet I am considered an evil and vile spammer? The constant smileys and the posts that make absolutly no sense (like the 'dancing') and 'meaningful' spam...... its a great excuse believe me.... imagine if everbody used that......
it would be chaotic ( I saved my examples....... u'd flame me to hell if I sed them here)
Tiamat, I'm really starting to run out of patience with you, mate. If we were all sitting around a table having a chat and you exhibited the type of behaviour you tend to exhibit here, someone would either have locked you in a closet long ago or put sticky tape over your mouth. Either that or they would have thought you were 6 years old.

You No.1 problem is that you DON'T KNOW WHEN TO STOP. You just go on and on and on and on and on and on, which will always annoy people. It's antisocial behaviour, really. We like you because you're a fun guy, but you never seem to learn (or want to learn) when people tell you you're doing the wrong thing. This means one of two things:

• you are thick and can't get the message despite repeated attempts from people; or
  • you have a lot of pride and don't want to admit you're doing the wrong thing as well as feel you have to do it to perpetuate an image of yourself as being "cool".
Now I refuse to believe you're thick (I think you're actually quite smart) so I have to believe that you're doing this on purpose. You've been here for quite some time now - most people learn the rules of behaviour after a few weeks and are happy to abide by them. Why is it that after six months you still seem to be confused over what is acceptable and what's not?
The last time I had to speak to you about this (a few months ago) you told me you would change, and for about a few weeks I was impressed because it looked like you were making an effort to change, but after a couple of months it was the same old Tiamat again - talking shit all the time and being incapable of engaging in normal dialogue.

You need to just chill out, have a cup of tea or something to relax you, and stop talking nonsense all the time. Be yourself - not the image you want people to think you are. Everyone will love you all the more for it.

[ 05-07-2002, 07:01 AM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Old 05-07-2002, 07:25 AM   #52
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

I find myself in a bit of a dilemma over this, on the one hand, I don’t really have a problem with Tiamat as long as he sticks to posting his strange stream-of-conciousness ramblings on his own threads. Hell, I have even been known to defend him against some of the other member’s attacks recently. What I can’t condone is his constant spamming of other peoples threads. I’m afraid that even my tolerance of Tiamat’s “contributions” is fast running out

My advice to my fellow members is, if he really offends you, just ignore him. If you think he has crossed the line then inform a Mod. That’s the way we police things here. It’s not that hard to do.

I offer this small piece of advice to Tiamat. Read the “Rules and Regulations” at the top of the page, then try to get your head round the fact that there is no right to freedom of speech here. You will only be allowed to post if your behaviour is considered acceptable. There is no right of appeal if you are banned.

Speaking personally, I would like you to stay. Your style may not be to my taste, but I have a vague notion that in amongst all the crap, there may be a few diamonds. What you need to do is radically reduce the ratio of crap to diamonds

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)