Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2003, 03:17 PM   #1
OLAF TRYGGRYSON
Dungeon Master

So last night I was playing in the docks district and was leaving by the eastern exit when this random npc starts yelling at me. He says " I won't be taken alive" or some such, throws a dagger at Minsc then says " that usually works " and runs away before I can kill him. I don't remember seeing this guy before. Have any of you run into him? It was just really odd......
Old 12-03-2003, 03:32 PM   #2
Xzirox
Manshoon

Yes in mather of fact, I have encountered him. I dont know if he does anything else then that =/
Old 12-03-2003, 03:49 PM   #3
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Try visiting a Temple of Ilmater to satisfy your Habib fix.

EDIT: Thought I should mention this too. When BG2 was still in its development stages, the team at Bioware asked for game suggestions from its forum members, and forum members got cameo appearances in the game in exchange. Folks like Habib, Reynald de Chatillon (sp?), Mencar Pebblecrusher, and Chieftan DigDag are all cameos from Bioware's forums.

[ 12-03-2003, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: Pirengle ]
Old 12-03-2003, 04:46 PM   #4
Link
Jack Burton

Minor Spoiler!
~
~
~
~
They did this again in Throne of Bhaal. A character there is named after a user on the Bioware forums: Gromnir Il-Kahn.
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 08:18 PM   #5
OLAF TRYGGRYSON
Dungeon Master

Soo that explains it. I've played through before, I just don't remember these random encounters. Thanks for the info. I was starting to think I might have messed up on a quest. Either that or I was playing too long and was seeing things again...
Old 12-03-2003, 10:03 PM   #6
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

Its a SCIMITAR not a DAGGER, GET IT RIGHT!!!! And if your really cheap you can pick that scimitar up and sell it...or if your even cheaper...use it!
Old 12-03-2003, 11:42 PM   #7
Nerull
Lord Ao

Try searching for Habib on this forum, and you'll see all kinds of stories about him (someone just brought back an NPC from the dead with 1 hp, then he appears and kills them again).

Just to let you know, he dies very easily and you do not lose any reputation for polishing your blade with his innards.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 08:04 AM   #8
OLAF TRYGGRYSON
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Dar'tanian:
Its a SCIMITAR not a DAGGER, GET IT RIGHT!!!! And if your really cheap you can pick that scimitar up and sell it...or if your even cheaper...use it!
So sorry I Did'nt Get it right Perhaps next time I will be more meticulous in my postings