Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2002, 02:35 PM   #21
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Rangers have been able to dual-wield since 2nd edition:

"When wearing studded leather or lighter armor, a ranger can fight two-handed with no penalty to his attack rolls. .... A ranger can still fight with two weapons while wearing heavier armor than studded leather, but he suffers the standard attack roll penalties".

The above is right from the handbook. So this ability for rangers has been around for quite awhile. However, it has not always been implemented in computer games.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 07:57 PM   #22
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Censored boring game i hate it! Back to Heroes Of Might and Magic 4+ exp!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-16-2002, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 08:38 PM   #23
Jack of Speed
Manshoon

Megabot... if you dont like the game donate it to charity or something. But if you dont like the game your probably in the wrong forum. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2002, 04:41 AM   #24
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Best condition the infinity engine has ever been in - i'm keeping my copy.
Old 11-16-2002, 08:24 AM   #25
Sr. Paladin Richek
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Magness:
I want to second Luvian's comments. I'm plenty happy with IWD2.

Yggdrasil, obviously, you must have been a fan of BG2's non-linearity. It was no secret that IWD2 was going to be very similar to IWD1 in terms of linearity. The fact remains that there are many who like the non-linearity of the Bioware BG series and many others that like the linearity of BIS's IWD1&2.
But that non-linearity would be nice, like travelling, you could stumble upon a secret area, like Fallout, or find a caravan being attacked by wolves who stole all the stuff and you have to fetch it throughout the map, but like magness said it takes away from salaries of developers, so i guess its out of the question.

Still love it tho!
Sr. Paladin Richek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 12:09 PM   #26
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Megabot:
Censored boring game i hate it! Back to Heroes Of Might and Magic 4+ exp!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
He does this sort of thing on a fairly regular basis - I am starting to suspect he just wants attention.

Well at least on this thread (which someone else has created), he can't remove the evidence of what some of us (well me at least) think of his hystrionic outbursts. The thread that he created (slamming the game as BORING), to which I had researched and posted the evidence of his previous rants - that thread has mysteriously disappeared. The logical supposition is that he didn't like what was being said, and the evidence that was being posted - and the creator of course has the power of deletion.

I am always disappointed when words that I had taken the trouble to put to paper are so callously wiped from existance. Ce la guerre [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 11-16-2002, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 11-16-2002, 12:58 PM   #27
Kygon-Jo
Dungeon Master

Come on guys. I am sure we can all agree that we have on passion in common. That is the love of role playing games. I thouroghly enjoyed both BG, BG2 and IWD2. I did dont play IWD or HOW becasue I was involved with BG2. I would have played IWD prior to IWD2 but you cannot import the characters. I am a big fan of being able to import my characters from one game to the next.

Any way I am sure the will be flaws in any RPG game made for the PC. I think the devolpers have adapted the rules and game play very well. I do not have the time to meet with others and play the pen and paper versions so the pc is were i can let my imaginaton go free.

I remember pools of radiance the one of the first editons for Pc. I thought that was great when it was new, just as I really enjoy the games black ilse has produced. Do I like everything, of course not, but I give the game an "A". I enjoy playing and I enjoy interacting on this forum.

The "perfect" role playing game will probably never be made.IF it were what would we look forward to.

Remember it is all about FUN!
Kygon-JO
Kygon-Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 01:03 PM   #28
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Totally agree KJ - for good or ill, the other thread has been deleted - life goes on.

Now we return you to your regular station - that's right - can't destroy the altar - must reload old old game (must stop using Q and start saving fully a bit more)
Old 11-16-2002, 01:09 PM   #29
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yeah Davros I posted on that thread yesterday. It was titled 'Boring' and when I search for it in the forum it says it no longer exists.
I must say I understand what you mean about people posting up insane 'hate-filled rants. I've seen it quite a bit and IMO what is the point? Theres constructive criticism (which youll find in a thread called 'Thoughts so far' on this site) and theres just plain knocking.
Posts like them only serve to piss people off as they're always narrow-ended tunnel-view opinions with no room for respect or versatility.
Old 11-16-2002, 01:56 PM   #30
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I edited that word, which I find most offensive. There are two words on this forum that I will never allow, and that is one of them.