Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2003, 02:18 AM   #1
Eternal
Manshoon

1)while using the search button somebody said if u didnt ask drizzt to help you in your random encounter hes lost.
is this true? i told him '' i have no reason for killing you just yet drow''
then ''no weve never met'' heck i didnt know i needed him for anything.

will i still meet him, maybe il need him, ,, heh maybe not.
and damnit bohdi takes vic !! thats my freaking cleric, my vamp turn against bodhi'r .

2)also when asking the paladins for help, all they said was begone foul one n stuff like that
i never got an actual chance to say something myself... while i should be able to atleast aks them , no matter what my rep is.

3) what is the clua code of yoshimos hearth..... this is rightfully mine. but yoshimo never showed up the final asylum battle.
id really like to have this.

4) im in chapter 6 now (need to get the lantorn from bodhi) and edwin still hasnt even decoded 1 line of the nether scroll.... whats goin on am i going to fast or is this another bug?

5) i dont really understand the xp cap thing, but if i kill imoen will that free up the xp i gained using her in the underdark and i can win more xp for my party, (i know im evil , but i really need to cast timestop, whail of the banshee ,shapechange n firebreath...)

[ 02-03-2003, 02:56 AM: Message edited by: Eternal ]
Old 02-03-2003, 02:30 AM   #2
Grojlach
Zartan

1) Yes. You'll only meet Drizzt and his party once (unless you manage to win them for your cause, of course ), as you met them during a "random" encounter; you can't just go back and ask a second time, unfortunately.

2) Well, I think that if your reputation is really low, the Order of the Radiant Heart already recognizes you from a distance... Heck, you're lucky they didn't try to kill you on sight! So what's your reputation, anyways? [img]smile.gif[/img]

3) I take it you never took Yoshimo along in your quest, then? That's the only possibility... In that case, he's probably still waiting in the Copper Coronet. The moment you enter the tavern, he'll suddenly drop dead. I'm not sure, but I think you'll be able to pick up his heart then.
Old 02-03-2003, 02:47 AM   #3
Eternal
Manshoon

no no no , i did take him, and he was there when my soul was being stolen but not at the actual fight, long story and bug

all i need to know is the clua name, its rightfully mine.

|EDIT| mann sometimes i hate myself, why dont i know these things, i wanted drizzt to help out, but im already like 5 quests beyond drizzts encounter, so i cant go back
ahh well... |EDIT|

[ 02-03-2003, 02:53 AM: Message edited by: Eternal ]
Old 02-03-2003, 04:00 AM   #4
Vedran
Lord Soth

3- MISCBU

5- What? When a character gains XP, it is his property, and only level drain (and some scripted events) can take it. If you kill Imoen, you'll get no XP. But if you have less party members, you'll get XP faster and levelup faster.
Anyway, you cannot cast 9th level spells in SoA, because mages/sorcerers cannot reach level 18. But if you have ToB, you can.
BTW, there is no such spell as Firebreath. There is a ToB spell Dragon's Breath.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 04:03 AM   #5
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Eternal:

4) im in chapter 6 now (need to get the lantorn from bodhi) and edwin still hasnt even decoded 1 line of the nether scroll.... whats goin on am i going to fast or is this another bug?
Are you sure you've given the scroll to him, and didn't tell him it was party treasure instead?
Old 02-03-2003, 04:05 AM   #6
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Vedran:
3- MISCBU

5- What? When a character gains XP, it is his property, and only level drain (and some scripted events) can take it. If you kill Imoen, you'll get no XP. But if you have less party members, you'll get XP faster and levelup faster.
Anyway, you cannot cast 9th level spells in SoA, because mages/sorcerers cannot reach level 18. But if you have ToB, you can.
Why kill her, btw? You could always just kick her out of your party instead, if you're worried about her taking too much of your "presssssciousssss" [img]tongue.gif[/img] experience. But killing her won't give you all that XP back, of course not.
Old 02-03-2003, 04:10 AM   #7
Eternal
Manshoon

yup he was decoding it thats what my journal says,

about question 5, from what ive gathered about the xp cap, the xp cap is: a certain amount of xp gained over all your party members, (the number is something with a 9 and alot of zero's)
over party members active and inactive, so lets say i used keldorn to beat bodhi then kicked him out of my party and never used him again, he gained alot of xp that couldve went to the remaining party members.
his xp counts towards the xp cap also,,, now my toughts were, if i killed him he is no longer a party member, he is not.

so maybe i could gather more xp over my remaining guys that way, i just gotta cast timestop !!.

everybody thanks for their time so far.
Old 02-03-2003, 05:23 AM   #8
Seraph
Quintesson

Your take on the experience cap it totally wrong.

The cap is *per character*, not per party.

You could (in theory) raise every single character in the game to the XP cap. That is, max out a party of 6, drop the 5 NPCs, bring in 5 new NPCs raise them to the cap...

I'm not sure what the SOA cap it (2.75 million?), but in TOB its around 8 million.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 06:13 AM   #9
Blodulv
Welcomed New User

As Seraph said, the xp-cap is individually... every charachter in your party can gain 2.95 million experience points regardless of how many partymembers you have.
Old 02-03-2003, 03:05 PM   #10
Decurion
The Magister

if you kick drizzt's ass to get the items that he and his party have, does that ever come back and bite you in the ass in later SoA or ToB? and also, does removing the xp cap allow you to get 9th level spells?

Thanks, decurion

P.S. Heart!??!?!? its HEART, not Hearth!??! why do people so often say hearth, THERE IS NO HEARTH IN THE HUMAN BODY?!?!
Decurion is offline   Reply With Quote