Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2002, 08:39 PM   #1
Mirage
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey:

I'm new to BGII (and to this forum), and I think i messed up early in the game. I was hoping you guys could help me with a few things.

In Irenicus dungeon (in CH.1):

1. I threw away the broken enchanted weapon. What does it make? Is it a good weapon piece?

2. I never did find that Djini statue although I completed the Dryad quest. Did I miss anything?

3. I never did get past those sets of traps at the end. Again did I miss anything good?

I would hate to start over since I'm in Spellhold now.

Also. :

4. I'm a Kensai with 5 slots in the long sword (seems like a mistake now). Is there something better than Blade of Roses?

5. I've got to get rid of Anomen, BOY he gets on my nerves! This Keldorn sounds cool, where can I find him? And is it really bad if I just wax Anomen? I already did his quest. I'm NG alignment.

6. Should I go to the Shark City? Beside XP, is there anything valuable there?

Sorry, I didn't mean to ask so many questions...they just kept coming

Thanks!

How do I get all of those icons into my mesage?
Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 09:01 PM   #2
masteraleph
Elminster

1)Depends on what it was you threw away. If it said something like "broken weapon", then no it's junk. If it was a gem looking thing, then yes it was a part, for a longsword, but it's not a great sword unfortunately :-\.

2)Djinni statue? To give a full rundown of this quest: you find Air Elemental statue outside of dryad area. Take it to that mysteriously locked door (it will unlock it). Go in, talk to djinni. Go to dryads, ask for the flask. Return the flask to djinni.

3)There were columns right next to each trap (I assume you mean the ones with the keys). You were supposed to put each key into a column, which would've gotten you a total of 6 one-shot wands. Not great, but worth it if you haven't left the dungeon yet.

4)Well yes, although not really in terms of bonuses to hit. Before you enter chapter 4, well let's see, there's Daystar (to get it, enter the inn in the city gates district, there's a secret door inside...go through there and it's a tough fight ). That's a decent sword, +2 I believe, with bonuses against undead and Sunfire as an ability. The buildable longsword after chapter 5...there are others as well, but overall Daystar/Blade of the Roses are pretty good for pre-chapter 4/5 weapons.

5)If you want (although I'd suggest finding another healer). Remember you can have up to 5 NPCs. To get Keldorn, go into the Temple district, get the Unseeing Eye quest, then go down to the sewers and he'll be in the NW corner.
BTW, the other healers (besides Anomen) are: Aerie (found in the circus tent of Waukeen's Promanade), Jaheira (chapter 1), Cernd (Tradesmeet- go to the City Gates and speak with Flydian for the quest), and Viconia (Government district, you'll have to save her from getting burned at the stake).

6) Yes (although you cant get there before the end of chapter 4). There is a very powerful cloak (Cloak of Mirroring)...DO NOT leave without it.
masteraleph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 09:34 PM   #3
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by masteraleph:
1)Depends on what it was you threw away. If it said something like "broken weapon", then no it's junk. If it was a gem looking thing, then yes it was a part, for a longsword, but it's not a great sword unfortunately :-\.
+4 and gives you a mind shield when equiped (great for Illithids) plus all the extra damage for different aligned enemies. In terms of the games longswords I'd say it was up there with some of the best.

Here is a list of some of the games better longswords (I wont give away location as not to spoil it, unless you ask for them)

-Equalizer +3 -

damage: 1d8 + (0 to 6) depends on enemy alignment)
Thac0: 0 to 6 (again depends on enemy alignment)
Speed: 3

Counts as a +3 weapon; bonus to hit and damage increases the further the target is from True Neutral alignment (up to +3/+6); immunity to Charm and Confusion

-Dragonslayer-

Damage: 1d8+2
Thac0: 2

Regeneration: 1hp per 10 rounds; immunity to fear; casts Detect Invisible (1x day); double damage vs. dragons

-Blackrazor-

Damage: 1d8+3
Thac0: 3
Speed: 2

Regeneration: 1hp per 5 seconds; immunity to Charm and Fear; 15% chance to drain 4 levels, heal 20 hp, grant haste for 20 seconds, and grant +3 STR for 20 seconds

-Daystar-

Damage: 1D8 +2, +4 vs. evil creatures, double damage against undead
Thac0: THACO: +2 bonus, +4 vs. evil creatures

Special Abilities (once per day):
Sunray
Damage: 3D6 (save vs. spells or be blinded for 10 rounds)
Undead: an additional 1d6 points of damage per level of caster (save
vs. spells or be destroyed)

-LONG SWORD +2: Namarra-

Damage: 1D8 +4
THACO: +2 bonus

Casts Silence 15' Radius three times a day

-LONG SWORD +2: Adjatha the Drinker-

Damage: 1d8 +2
speed: 3

Each hit heals the wielder of 1 hit-point damage, Wielder immune to charm and domination spells

-LONG SWORD +2: Ras, The Dancing Blade-

Damage: 1D8 +2

Dancing sword can attack on its own for 4 rounds

P.S If you get TOB the expansion pack for BG2 there are some very powerful longswords in it

[ 07-25-2002, 09:35 PM: Message edited by: Daniel ]
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote