Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2002, 02:21 AM   #1
ccannon995
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello again all. Just curious but are there any combat spells that are just "must haves". If so, what and where are they? My character is level 11 and is pretty much using fireball until something gets close. I think I had a scroll of Hell-something or other once but that's it. Thanks for your help.
ccannon995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 03:36 AM   #2
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

I don't know about "uber" spells, but a some spells are definately a high priority:

1. Levitation
2. Soul Trap
3. Healing
4. Almsivi or divine intervention
5. Recall
6. Open

To create "uber" spell, purchase a custom spell with multiple damage effect like fire, ice, poison and electricity. Don't over do it thought, if you purchase an overpowered spell, the cost of casting the spell might be more than your mana reserve.
Old 08-05-2002, 03:36 AM   #3
Neuromancer
Manshoon

Finished the game twice so far (as crusader and assassin). The only "must have" spells for me (being not-really-magic-user) on both counts were Mark & Recall.

Neuro
Old 08-05-2002, 08:43 AM   #4
Lox
Manshoon

Paladin got it right. The only problem with levitation is that it makes you realize the world isn't as big as you thought it was when you had to walk everywhere. Also, you eventually don't need healing spells if you do what I did and make yourself a set of "Everlast" Clothing. Constant effect restore 2 health on pants and skirt (couldn't find a nice shirt). Gonna put restore fatigue on a robe once I find another Golden Saint.

Definately gotta have Mark, Recall and the two interventions. Even better if you get the amulets.