Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2001, 05:30 AM   #1
bleedinghelene

Rahvin posted on 2-11 that he had a bug keeping him in the entrance to the Stout Mines. Our problem came on the second trip through the mines. My husband already had gone through the Stout Mines once, but couldn't get into the Lava Room. I assumed at the time that it was a combination of track switch settings that was keeping him off that branch of track, but now I'm thinking it's another bug. (That's the pessimist in me.) He returned to town to sell all his loot, intending to come back for the Dragon Armor, but when he got to the entrance our problem was almost the same as Rahvin's. He selects one of his two Writs (he has tried them both) and on all occasions but one he got only the exit dialogue. On one occasion the Signeur gave the entrance dialogue, but then cycled into exit mode. At no time would the door into the mines open.

My husband is NOT happy about having to start his game again. He likes his guys. I have not installed the patch, though. Should I try this before he starts over, or am I correct in thinking that a patch installation does not affect stored games?

Please help me FAST!! Please?
Old 02-17-2001, 06:58 AM   #2
Janus
Dungeon Master

I cannot answer the question about the game patch, but if it could help you I had the same problem. The doorman "cycled" also, but I think he opened the door when I tried to move in the chamber. I hope it will help you.
Janus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2001, 02:29 PM   #3
Moni

Janus is right here...keep an eye on where your cursor is placed when you start to move after the level is loaded...if you don't move it off the depository before you click on it, you only reload the level changing action.
(Did it once or twice myself!)

: )
Moni
Old 02-18-2001, 01:43 AM   #4
bleedinghelene

Thanks for the suggestions guys except that I don't think that's what's going on here.
1) He can move in the chamber after the "loading" box is off the screen; the trouble is
that
2) the Signeur doesn't say the dialogue for entry to the Mines, only the dialogue for
exit.
After it is finished loading, the door to outside is open but not the door to get into the mines. Moving between deposit and the beginning of level load makes no difference, nor does moving after it loads.

I wondered if this might be because it is his second trip into the mines. Are the mines set to allow entry more than once? Has anyone been through multiple times?

Thanks for helping.
Old 02-18-2001, 10:33 AM   #5
Moni

I went through a number of times so now I am as confused as your honey!

It may be something only an uninstall (with saved games copied away from the W&W folder and any remaining folders left in the Activision folder deleted following the uninstall) followed by a complete re-install of the game might cure.

Before you take that advice though wait and see if some of our wiser players see this thread today and have a working solution tht I am unaware of!

: )
Moni