Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2003, 02:27 PM   #1
Nightowl2
Galvatron

I recalled a little while ago that, while the boards were down, you had a message up that said, in part, you had just finished updating the forum. Does that mean you installed a new version of the software? Because if that's true, then that's likely my problem, because I use an old browser.

Nightowl2
Old 04-20-2003, 03:24 PM   #2
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Have you tried to go into my profile and try to reset the time. on my forum pages the time of day is always just to the right of my name just after the date.
During the Hard drive swap your time frame may have been deleted because mine was and all I did was re-enter it by going into My Profile. My name was deleted today for 6 hours from the top of the page and all it said was >>Hello,[log in] where my log in name TheCrimsonBlade is when I'm in at the Ironworks forum and so I logged out and then back in and the time and my log in name were correct again.
Then again I could be wrong and your computer may be having problems, Hope this helps.
Old 04-20-2003, 10:27 PM   #3
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Thanks for the suggestion, CB, but I'm afraid that's not it in my case. Mainly because I don't log in (i.e., no cookies on) unless I'm going to post. Also, I did try that trick of yours, just in case, and it didn't help.

I wouldn't be surprised if the new version of the software has a table that isn't closed properly. Netscape (at least this version) is not forgiving about sloppy code.

Nightowl2
Old 04-20-2003, 10:33 PM   #4
Nightowl2
Galvatron

By the way, I can't see a date/time stamp anywhere here, not even on individual messages (so I could be wrong bout the sloppy coding). This really has me annoyed!!

Nightowl2
Old 04-20-2003, 10:40 PM   #5
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Thats wierd, below is your last post copied and pasted and it show the date and time you posted

posted 04-20-2003 10:33 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By the way, I can't see a date/time stamp anywhere here, not even on individual messages (so I could be wrong bout the sloppy coding). This really has me annoyed!!
Old 04-20-2003, 10:53 PM   #6
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Edit your profile; since the upgrade a couple of days ago, we can change our timezones - it would seem that yours isn`t actually set atm, so the server doesn`t know what time to put. So it doesn`t put any.

EDIT: Ok, this`ll teach me to read threads carefully before I post... you`ve already tried exactly what I said.
Ok, next idea - use another computer. It isn`t something on the server end, because Z said he logged into your account yesterday and it worked fine. This implies to me that it is a problem with your computer`s cookies...
But you say you don`t *use* cookies, and are only logged in while posting ?? That could be the problem. Try staying logged in constantly, edit your profile again, and see if it helps you to simply not log out.

[ 04-20-2003, 10:57 PM: Message edited by: LennonCook ]
Old 04-21-2003, 02:26 PM   #7
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Nope, has nothing to do with cookies. I could see the dates just fine with cookies off, until just before the big crash.

Also, I looked in here on my other, older machine. Different processor, different ver of windows, older ver of Netscape. Still can't see the dates anywhere on the board.

So I'm pretty sure now that it's something that changed here when Ziroc did this upgrade or whatever it was. ARGGHH!!

Nightowl2
Old 04-21-2003, 02:34 PM   #8
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Okay, I've got it cleared up now. I know what changed with this new version.

The dates only show if you have javascript on. If it's off, you don't see them. That sucks.

But at least I have the answer.

Thanks to all who pitched in with suggestions.

Nightowl2