Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2001, 06:05 AM   #1
Gaffergamgee
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I need help!By accident after getting the quest for the Rod of gaal i attacked the 2 guards at the entrance and then i killed the beholder. Gaal came back wit a few guys and attacked me and thus i killed them 2.I took his key and found the place in the old tunnels where u fight the shade lich.killed him took the golden arms and legs out of the coffin then proceeded down the passage.There i met various spider and yuan ti before i came to a broken bridge where you haveto solve 3 riddles.Solved them kept going faught 3 gauths then went into a temple guarded by diseased people who dont become ur enemy.Anyway inside i healed the demon to kill him because harming him just heals him then talked to some priest or something.He gave me a quest to destroy the beholder when i got a full rod or something.Anyway he gave me 1 half but when i killed the beholder he had nothing on his body except a neclace of magic resistance so im kinda stuck can i complete this quest to set the diseased people free?I ve already picked up my reward of oisig.Ill be grate ful 4 any help.

------------------
Kneel to the Gaffer
Old 06-18-2001, 06:26 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

You won't be able to complete this quest as you were a little too triggerhappy in killing the beholder early, unfortunately.

------------------
Old 06-18-2001, 06:57 AM   #3
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Yep, reload to an earlier save point and start this one over. Just accept Galls mission and then go down the tunnel by the lich, fighting the lich at this point is optional. Now do the rest of the quest as you should and youll get alot of XP here.

Have fun

------------------
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-18-2001, 09:22 AM   #4
Link
Jack Burton

Deja vu... had almost the same myself!

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......
Old 06-18-2001, 10:34 AM   #5
Gaffergamgee
Elite Waterdeep Guard

eh ill have to do without doing the quest i accidently saved over my file and quick saved after killing the beholder.Eh how bad im now in firkraags dungeon and i am after killin tazok he looks cool.anybody got any strats against firkraag.

------------------
Kneel to the Gaffer
Old 06-19-2001, 01:28 AM   #6
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

Well, the 2nd rod piece should not be ON the beholder, the rod piece should be in one of the lair rooms, where those pulsing columns are. Once you get the 2nd piece, the rod fuses together, and you get a message "You should put the rod in a quick slot right away"
Once the rod is together, THEN the Unseeing eye beholder appears just outside the room. You use the rod on the beholder (lowers hp to almost dead), then quickly kill it with another attack or spell.
Then you go back up to Gaal, he screams "the unseeing eye is dead!" and attacks. You proceed to kill all the irritating priests and guards, take the used rod back to the Avatar, and quest over.

At least that is how its suppose to work. Your saying you found the unseeing eye BEFORE you put the rod together? I didn't think that was possible.
Old 06-19-2001, 01:33 AM   #7
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

AH, im getting a picture here. Did you kill the beholder up top by the pit? Where Gaal was? or did you kill the beholder in the beholder caves down beheath the crypt area.
I think you took the rod half, went back up to where Gaal was (in the sewers) and killed the beholder there right? thats not the Unseeing eye beholder. There is a whole other 2 areas you need to do before finishing the quest.