Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2003, 11:55 AM   #1
Tyrion
Quintesson

can anyone tell me where it is? ive been looking for it bu it is nowhere to be found!
Old 10-18-2003, 12:03 PM   #2
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

AFAIK, such a girdle does not exist. Perhaps you mean the golden girdle? That provides +3 armor versus slashing weapons. If you want to know where you can find it, then
SPOILER
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
If you are a mage or sorceror, and complete the planar sphere, talk to the Knights of Solamnia, and then talk to some guy who appears later on (his name starts with a T, he appears in you Planar Sphere after about a day). Then speak to Ribald at the Adventurer's Mart, as him to free the knights, and exactly a day later, the knights will be there. Talk to them and you will get the girdle.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 12:54 PM   #3
Faceman
Hathor

SPOILER addition
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
His name is Teos
pre-Baldurdashed there's a bug that allows you to talk to the knights several times before they disappear and get the girdle and the XP several times
Old 10-18-2003, 01:36 PM   #4
Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Faceman:
SPOILER addition
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
His name is Teos
pre-Baldurdashed there's a bug that allows you to talk to the knights several times before they disappear and get the girdle and the XP several times
soo cheesey
I wish I had that bug [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

[ 10-18-2003, 01:37 PM: Message edited by: Lord ]

Old 10-18-2003, 04:18 PM   #5
Grammar
Zhentarim Guard

If you're trying to do the item upgrade mod, then the Golden Girdle is what you want.
Grammar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 11:26 PM   #6
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Personally, I think it's really stupid that:
  • An item from BG1 (meaning that you could have been wearing it the very moment that you were captured by Irenicus's goons) shows up inside a sealed artifact that hasn't been seen on the Prime Material for over 500 years
  • An item that Person X can give you in a conversation is not on Person X's body when/if you kill them
  • You can't get it if your PC is anything but a Mage or Sorcerer, the 2 classes that have the very *least* use for it
  • You can't get it if you're roleplaying Evil
  • You can't get it unless you use Reload knowledge to do everything exactly right (Example: The Knights of Solamnia are uncomfortable staying in the extremely alien Sphere, so you do the nice thing and talk to Prelate Wessalen, asking if he'd be willing to let them stay at the Radiant Heart until Ribald's wizard friend shows up. Too bad you just screwed your chances of getting the Girdle!)
[ADD:] Me, I save myself a ton of aggravation by simply doing the following:
1) Go to Chapter 4.
2) Pop over to the Temple of Umberlee.
3) Buy the Girdle of Bluntness.
4) Drop the Girdle of Bluntness on the ground and pretend that I bought a Golden Girdle instead (I think it's BELT05)
5) Walk away, whistling a merry tune.

[ 10-18-2003, 11:30 PM: Message edited by: SixOfSpades ]
Old 10-19-2003, 05:45 AM   #7
Tyrion
Quintesson

or maybe just create it in shadowkeeper :-D
Old 10-19-2003, 08:55 AM   #8
dragon_lord
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
Personally, I think it's really stupid that[*]An item from BG1 (meaning that you could have been wearing it the very moment that you were captured by Irenicus's goons) shows up inside a sealed artifact that hasn't been seen on the Prime Material for over 500 years
Yeah but i seriously doubt that all the bg2 team were involved with bg1 development, so you can excuse them for lack continuity.
Quote:
[*]An item that Person X can give you in a conversation is not on Person X's body when/if you kill them
I know its dumb, it throws possible role playing routes right out the window.
Quote:
[*][*]You can't get it if your PC is anything but a Mage or Sorcerer, the 2 classes that have the very *least* use for it
True, but it should really be considered apart of the mage stronghold quests, and therefore a class specific bonus for being a mage. Besides, unless your soloing, just give it to a party member.
Quote:
[*]You can't get it if you're roleplaying Evil
Also true, but bg2 is really geared towards 'good' (because you cant kill everyone you meet - plot goes *grrrk* (thats cogs grinding [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) and the whole thing comes screeching to a holt. Not to mention the point you mentioned above)
Quote:
[*][*]You can't get it unless you use Reload knowledge to do everything exactly right (Example: The Knights of Solamnia are uncomfortable staying in the extremely alien Sphere, so you do the nice thing and talk to Prelate Wessalen, asking if he'd be willing to let them stay at the Radiant Heart until Ribald's wizard friend shows up. Too bad you just screwed your chances of getting the Girdle!)
Thats a case of the devs not thinking of all the possible choices (not an easy task - I'm mucking around making an NPC (a real roleplaying one!) with alignment based dialogue choices [so neutral pcs can choose neutral dialogue etc] that effects the NPCs path; it isnt easy keeping track of all the possible paths). I think you can forgive the devs for being human in that case.

Maybe someone out there would be kind enough to fix these things you've mentioned?
[img]\"http://unrealpowerhouse.ozforces.com.au/lich_des.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />[url]\"http://www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/\" target=\"_blank\">The Items Mart</a><br /><br />[url]\"http://www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/misc.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Monster Enchantments and Immunities List</a>
dragon_lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 07:22 PM   #9
Lord

There are better girdles in the game anyway, so it's not really needed, but nonetheless, it's still not bad

Old 10-21-2003, 11:00 PM   #10
masteraleph
Elminster

Only reason I can really think of for needing it is if you've got Weimer's Improved Items mod; there's an item that uses all 3 girdles...
masteraleph is offline   Reply With Quote