Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2003, 07:05 AM   #21
Melusine
Dracolisk

Tobbin, I'm so sorry.
My condolences to you and your family - I wish you much strength for the coming time. *hugs*
Old 01-29-2003, 07:54 AM   #22
Epona
Zartan

Tobbin, I'm so sorry to hear that.
Be strong.
Old 01-29-2003, 10:23 AM   #23
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Sorry to hear that bud, my condolences go out ot you and yours. Where abouts in Holiday do you live ?

[ 01-29-2003, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: Elif Godson ]
Old 01-29-2003, 07:25 PM   #24
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Having lost my Mom Feb of 2002, I can understand how you must feel. I am deeply sorry for your loss Tobbin .

Time will heal. Always remember her as she was, and she will live in your heart forever.

It's almost 1 year since my Mom died, and it'll be hard on the actual DAY... Christmas was sad for me.. The 1st Christmas I had without her.

Time will heal my friend, you are in my prayers.
I know what you mean. At least I had one last Thanksgiving with her. She wasn't doing so bad then, but then all hell broke loose. She went to the hospital the day after Thanksgiving and then had surgery. This was for a calcium build up near her spinal cord. Then she was in a rehab center for a month because she couldn't get around. Even so, she still wasn't doing bad. After that, she was in the hospital for something we thought was really minor. I had 3 days with my mom in the hospital where she seemed ok again. I got worried though and asked my sister to come down. It took my sister two days to get here. By then, my mom was in a coma. Two days after that, she died. I thought the hospital staff did something during that time, but after seeing Smallville, I think I was wrong. See, she seemed fine when I had first seen her in the hospital, but then she was in a coma within two days. All they did was pop her with Morphine. My mom's kidneys had failed. It was almost exactly the same as what happened to Lionel Luthor in the Smallville show. She went into a coma and the doctors said all of her higher brain functions were failing. They didn't mention exactly what that had meant, or even that it was kidney related. Things went so weird. I'm still trying to sort it out. Oddly enough, they made Smallville when they did. What are the odds that would come out just when it was happening to my mom?
Old 01-29-2003, 07:36 PM   #25
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by arion windrider:
tobbin, sorry bout your loss and whoever else that lost a parent... time does heal wounds, but remember you have him/her or both in your hearts and they will always be remember there and in your memories.. ive lost everyone in my family except my lil sis and i cherish her so very much... ive been without parents for 26 yrs/10 yrs.. its hard but just remember they are in a much better place than here, and they will look out for u and the rest of the family... just be strong and take care of yourself. cherish every moment u have on this world, dont take the lil things for granted. keep your family close and friends as well... take care tobbin... need anything drop me a line sometime... ts_quint95@yahoo.com
See, I'm kinda there too, cause it's just me and my sister now. My grandmother died two years ago and my step-father died last year. It feels kinda weird not having any older family around. We have other family, but they are scattered throughout the US. Most of them, I haven't ever met. I was hoping to have met them at the funeral, but they weren't able to go. Not enough time/money. I feel the saddest because that's kind of how my mom was throughout life. Kind of alone. I was hoping we would have had a good turnout. Only a handful of friends showed up though. Still, she loved snow and although there wasn't a great deal on the ground, there was a little. She is buried with my step-father now, so at least they are together. We had so many things to do / places to go. It feels so sad knowing she wasn't able to get everything done. I'm going to try to do some of them for her though. Cause I feel that she lives in me in some ways still.
Old 01-29-2003, 07:37 PM   #26
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Tobbin, you have my complete sympathies, I know how close you were with your mother. I also know that you know she is in a better place now, and I hope you can find peace in that. Take care of yourself Andrew, you are in my prayers tonight, we are all here for you if you need us. Remember my e-mail address is wpickrell2@comcast.net and my MSN addy is devetaki@hotmail.com.

Your Friend,

Wendy

Reality Show Recaps
Old 01-29-2003, 08:01 PM   #27
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
I am so sorry to hear this Tobbin.
I wish you the strength to go on and that you always will remember your mother with the fondest of memories.

I´m sorry friend..
Thank you for your best wishes. And I mean that to everyone who responded here. I never realized how important friends were until my mom died. At work, everyone was telling me how bad they felt that she passed. My work even bent over backwords to help make me feel better. I am still stunned. Everything seemed to just stop dead in their tracks, but every once in awhile, things seem to start flowing again. My sister and I are a lot closer than we have ever been. I guess we have to now since there isn't any other immediate family. Still, all of my priorities have changed. All I can say is I will try to make her (mom) proud of me. I will try to become who I was meant to become. In many ways, I feel like I have let so much life go on around me. Well, No More. I'm ready to become apart of that life now.

EDIT: Howl with me once more my friend. We will drink to her memory. I have missed talking with you. Maybe next time we meet, it will be under better circumstances.

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

[ 01-29-2003, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: Tobbin ]
Old 01-29-2003, 08:02 PM   #28
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Sorry man. Like Z said, time will heal, and just remember the good things and, she will live in your memories.
Old 01-29-2003, 08:05 PM   #29
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeffi0:
Wow, that's rough.
*gives Tobb a gift basket*
It's kind of interesting you added the gift basket part. We received a whole bunch of flowers and got a gift basket. I have never received a gift basket before and was pretty surprised to have gotten one. There was a large assortment of fruit, candy, and some cookies/truffles. I'm still eating some of it. I shared the other half with my sister. Does this tell you how LARGE that gift basket was. Man . . . I think I can hold off on more gift baskets for now though. LOL. Thanks for the offer though.
Old 01-29-2003, 08:58 PM   #30
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Tobbs, I'm so glad to hear you and your sister are closer now and I hope that you get through this grief together and stay strong as a family. God Bless you, dear Tobbin! *hug*