Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2002, 05:12 AM   #11
Davros
Takhisis Follower

1. Do you decorate things with strings of lights? If so, describe what you do with them.
Nope

2. Fake Christmas Tree or a Real One, or none. What size tree? If a real one, what kind?
None

3. What kinds of decorations do you use on the tree? (garland color, icicles yay or nay, ball colors, ornaments, angel or no angle at the top, etc.)
See above

4. Have pets who want to eat the tree?
Wosh - I am battin 0 for 4 - I'm on a streak, or is it a slump

5. What do you do with the Christmas cards you receive?
I stand them up on a shelf and watch my collection grow

6. What will you be eating on Christmas Day?
Roast ham, roast chicken, crispy potato gems, peas, corn, pavlova with mango cream and icecream - all the usual things

7. Do you have a lot of people to buy gifts for?
Two arrivals (nephew and niece)this year take the total to 13 - I took yesterday off work to tackle the shopping task - I manged to buy and wrap 12 presents, and to post 5 of them - had to work late today, so must get them all in the post by tomorrow afternoon.

8. Does anyone ask you for a Christmas list or do you just get what you get?
Surprise me

9. What DO you want for Christmas this year? Think you are going get it LOL?
A fast recovery for Shane Warne's shoulder - I remain optimistic

10. Do you like Fruitcake?
It's nay me first choice ya ken

11. Do you get some days off from work/school during the holiday season?
LOL - I asked for 1 day - that stupid little Friday jsut after Christmas - request denied - either myself or the boss have to be there, and aparently it isn't going to be him [img]tongue.gif[/img]

12. Is Dr. Seuss or the Peanuts a regular visitor to your TV during Christmastime?
Scratches head

13. Are you an early shopper or a last minute shopper?
I am early this year - all my presents should arrive on the other side of the country on Monday (ie a whole day early)

14. What is your weather? Do you think you will have a white Christmas?
White Christmas - only if the lime silo at work undergoes catastrohic failure in the 40 deg C Australian heat [/QB][/QUOTE]
Old 12-17-2002, 06:32 AM   #12
Epona
Zartan

1. Do you decorate things with strings of lights? If so, describe what you do with them.
Normally yes. At my old flat I had a big wall mirror and I would put lights around that, but I threw a load of stuff out when I moved, including my Christmas decorations.

2. Fake Christmas Tree or a Real One, or none. What size tree? If a real one, what kind?
I like to have a real one, but haven't this year because I haven't managed to get myself organised enough! I like the smell of them. Usually a small one, about 2-3 feet tall with a root ball, then go plant it in the woods in the new year. Used to plant them in my parents garden when I was a kid - their tallest is now about 40 feet tall!

3. What kinds of decorations do you use on the tree? (garland color, icicles yay or nay, ball colors, ornaments, angel or no angle at the top, etc.)
None this year, in previous years I've used very modern looking glass ornaments, and some made out of corn stalks.

My parrot has never seen a Christmas tree, but he's a nervous little thing and would probably freak out at the mere sight of one - screaming and falling off his perch is his usual reaction to seeing new things, especially if they're large. Once he got used to it he would probably try to nest in it!

Put them on my bookshelves

Nut roast I suspect - I used to be veggie, this is my first Christmas in years as a meat-eater, but I'm going to my parents house and they are veggie.

No, I don't really do a lot of gift buying - the people getting presents will be parents, brother, boyfriend, my ex (who's still my best mate), and I might get a couple of little gifts for good friends.

My family has always swapped Christmas lists! Saves disappointment.

I don't know what I want! I was thinking of asking my parents for a DVD player, but I'm not sure now.

Yes but I don't like marzipan and icing that it gets covered in.

I get from 25th-27th off work.

12. Is Dr. Seuss or the Peanuts a regular visitor to your TV during Christmastime?
Er... no.

Usually early, but I haven't done any yet this year.

Wet and cold. It's unlikely we'll have a white Christmas, they're quite rare in the South of England these days. If we ever get snow it's usually January or February.
Old 12-17-2002, 06:33 AM   #13
andrewas
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Well Christmas is almost upon some of us (who celebrate it), so I thought to ask a few questions to see what everyone's Christmas is like. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Tree, conservatory are all covered.

Old fake this year, about 5 feet and knackered

Pretty much everything. But no tinsel. Ever.

[i] No, just the chocholates [i]

Place on shelf and chuck in the new year

Dunno. Something related to a turkey no doubt.

More people than I can afford, even if I do skip the rent (again )

They ask, but they never follow it anyway, so why bother?

Could do with some comp upgrades, but im moving into my own flat come january, so itll be dull practical stuff

My mothers is OK, if she adds enough alcohol

Yes, a week or two IIRC

TV? Christmas? Surely you jest

Early, and then late when I find out that there are duplicates I need to change

Snow? We had some yesterday, but it melted within seconds. I doubt well see more. Used to get it every year, but the climate changed on us and now it dosent chow up much before february and sometimes in june

Merry Christmas [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2002, 07:12 AM   #14
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Well Christmas is almost upon some of us (who celebrate it), so I thought to ask a few questions to see what everyone's Christmas is like. [img]smile.gif[/img]

We string the tree with lights and put them around our windows and deck. We used colored lights inside but only white, non-blinking, lights outside.

I'd prefer a real tree, but it's just too much work, upkeep, and mess, so for the last decade it's been a falsie. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Few colored balls, mostly decorated balls. Garland yes(though my wife doesn't care for it). Icicles-no way!(see my answer for a real tree). We've used a Christmas bow on top of the tree for the last few years. Oh yeah, don't forget my Star Trek Hallmark ornament! It's the very first one, the Shuttlecraft with Spock's voice saying, "Shuttlecraft to Enterprise, Shuttlecraft to Enterprise. Happy Holidays! Live long and prosper."

No pets for me.

We put them on the mantle and the inside of the front door.

Everything that could possible be considered traditional and then some...lol.

My wife, 2 kids, grandparents, and dozens of aunts, uncles, neices, and nephews. My wife and I just exhange cards with our friends and co-workers, although we each buy our "best" friend a gift.

My wife and I tell each other what we'd like, but we both like being surprised, so we usually go out of our way to figure out something special. As far as everyone else goes, I just get what I get.

In the last couple of weeks I got the Collector's Edition LotR DVDs, Icewind Dale II, and Medal of Honor Allied Assault, but I'm still hoping for one of the new Delta Force games.

No, and he better not show up anywhere near me again. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I get holidays, but if I'm scheduled to work, I still have to work and get days off later. This year though, I'm off Christmas Day! Woo-Hoo!

Christmas would seem like Christmas without the gang on the tube. I personally prefer the Grinch.

For Christmas, my wife and I are early shoppers, but for any other holiday or occassion, I'm a last minute kind of guy.

South Central NC may get some rain, but snow is pretty much out of the question. The high temp will probably be in the 40's or 50's with morning lows in the 30's. I do remember an 80 degree Christmas day.

And to you, LadyZ
[ 12-17-2002, 07:58 AM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 12-17-2002, 09:09 AM   #15
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

1. *The tree gets fairy lights, but I draw the line at stringing lights outside! The kids have twinkly lights year-round in their bedrooms.

2. *Real. Usually about 6 ft. Kind? a pretty one that isn't either sprayed green (nasty habit of stores to try to defraud customers) or spiky. We also have a 2' Norfolk pine inside that stays year-round as a houseplant.

3. *Well, at this point we have so many ornaments from years gone by, that we pick and choose. And I get a new 'special' ornament every year regardless of whatever ones we may also get/make. But definitely balls (younguns are old enough we can go back to glass ones! yay!) frosted glass star on top (retired the porcelain angel), a few my gr-grandma made, and asst other ornaments.

4. *Well, the cat enjoys the ornaments....

5. *Hang them on the door/doorway

6. *Depends on what everyone gets up and fixes!

7. *Not really...we try to make sure all the younguns (nieces and nephew and ours) have presents, but I like to handcraft goodies and try to do so for the adults--sisters are both busy and so, for example, I like to make fix-quick brownie or other edible 'mixes' they can whip up homemade yummies in a fraction of the time.

8. *Anyone who knows us/me pretty much knows what I like, so a list isn't really necessary. I mean, people ask what I want, but it's not usually an issue.

9. *I want an Aerosmith cd...which a co-worker has already got for me [img]smile.gif[/img] and Icewind Dale II. Other than that, I know I'll get the Robinson Traditional Present for Mom, a pair of pink slippers....and all kinds of other really cool (and some goofy, no doubt) gifts. [img]smile.gif[/img]

10. [i]*I LOVE fruitcake!!! Everyone, send yours to me![/i}

11. *Technically, we have the 24th to the 2nd off, but I'll come in at least half time by choice.

12. *The Grinch, for sure!

13. *both

14. *It's raining right now, but we usually have some white except for the last few years...

[ 12-17-2002, 09:13 AM: Message edited by: Garnet FalconDance ]
Old 12-17-2002, 09:16 AM   #16
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Yes. We hang them from our smoke detector conduit

Fake. Silver inflatable tree! About 1 metre

Purple, Orange and Silver inflatable balls that came with it

Yes. A very cute but very naughty Cavalier King Charles Spaniel

Open them, then read them. Sometimes even send one back in return!

Morning - Champagne with mango slices or cherries in it.
Lunch - Prawns, Salads, Ice cream
Dinner - Work cafeteria food [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img]

Just close family and a few friends.

Both - depends who - My In-Laws asked to borrow $26k this year!

New boots. Not likely as I planning for my wife to give them to me and we've just given all our money away. (They're paying it back very soon - not $26k but a lot!!)

Who are you calling a fruitcake? you nutbar!

I get my wedding aniversary off but that's it...

No

Both, start early, finish late

Hot, humid, sunny - so unless it's a cold day in hell...

Merry Christmas to you too!
Old 12-17-2002, 10:51 AM   #17
realbinky
Elminster

1) Yes, single color (white) non flashing wound spirally, but just as an efficient way to put them on. Idea is a nice even spread.

2) REAL ONLY. Fake tree=fake holiday to me [img]smile.gif[/img] 8' Balsam Fir. The little needled kind, and big enough to *just* fit below the ceiling with the top decoration on it. Oh, and nice and big around.

3) Angel my 5 year old made at school. Formerly a star or nice glass "top" ornament. Otherwise I have ALL the 91-present Star Trek ship light/ornaments. (Just bought the 1991 for $200, I'm a geek!) and plenty of "regular" hanging ornaments. No frosting, icicles or garland

4) My dog could care less, although I'm sure he wonders what the hell is wrong with us.

5) Display nice cards on high surfaces to be seen, or hang them on string near the tree. We have a "card holder" near our door for the rest.

6) Traditional Ham or Turkey

7) Family and a few close friends. With many friends, spending some special time with them is the gift to both.

8) Hints only, get what I get based on hints and ideas.

9) Already got it, this year is unique. New furniture for/from my wife to/from me, and a lot of work on my motorcycle

10) Absolutely-NOT. Don't like ribbon candy either, ARG. Eggnog? Well, that's a different story.

11) Just Christmas and New Year's Day off. Save my time off for warm weather

12) Both, plus all the claymation and Winny the Pooh. I don't watch so much now, but remember when I did, so I make sure my kids get to watch.

13) Neither. I shop as I shop. Some things are done in November (none on Black Friday) and some on Christmas Eve.

14) Cold and wintery. Last year, no snow and too warm. This year gives me hope. When Bing sings Dreaming of a White Christmas, he's talking about New England!

Happy Holidays, whatever you celebrate. And you freaky non-celerants: Have fun in spite of yourselves!
Old 12-17-2002, 10:59 AM   #18
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:

Bah humbug!!
Bah humbug!!
Bah humbug!!
Bah Nodog!!
Put them on display
Turkey
Yep!
List
Morrowind. Depends if Lanesra reads this
I'm mad about it
Xmas day & Boxing Day
Not on your Nelly
I'll let you know on Xmas Eve
No snow. As a child we had white christmas, but Global Warming has put an end to all that.
[ 12-17-2002, 11:02 AM: Message edited by: Donut ]
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 12-17-2002, 11:36 AM   #19
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

1. Do you decorate things with strings of lights? If so, describe what you do with them. This year just the tree. I did not get the lights up on the house next year.

2. Fake Christmas Tree or a Real One, or none. What size tree? If a real one, what kind? Real tree 8' and not to sure what kind just went out into the bush and chopped onr down.

3. What kinds of decorations do you use on the tree? (garland color, icicles yay or nay, ball colors, ornaments, angel or no angle at the top, etc.) Strings of white and purple lights. And ornaments

4. Have pets who want to eat the tree? No pets just baby Sydney.

5. What do you do with the Christmas cards you receive? The wife this year went out into the wild and cut down bits od branches and made an arangment in a vase. and instead of water in there she put Christmas balls and attached the cards to the branches looks very cool.

6. What will you be eating on Christmas Day? Turkey, Stuffing, Mash potatoes, gravey,cheese broccoli casserole(I love this dish), corn, dinner buns,Cranberry jelly,Dessert is either apple pie or lemon.

7. Do you have a lot of people to buy gifts for? I have 7 people to buy for. This is just the main gifts.

8. Does anyone ask you for a Christmas list or do you just get what you get? List always.

9. What DO you want for Christmas this year? Think you are going get it LOL? Tools shop vac and a circular saw.

10. Do you like Fruitcake? It's not to bad i do not crave it.

11. Do you get some days off from work/school during the holiday season? Not this year i have to work the 23,24,25,26 night. Next year I am off.

12. Is Dr. Seuss or the Peanuts a regular visitor to your TV during Christmastime? Of coarse.

13. Are you an early shopper or a last minute shopper? Earl shopper been done for weeks.

14. What is your weather? Do you think you will have a white Christmas? Right now there is no snow to very little snow I am hoping for alot more.

Cool Questions.
Old 12-17-2002, 02:21 PM   #20
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

we decorate our tree, no other lights tho, we only ownt he two sets.

real, not sure how tall, or what kind but it smells good!

ornaments, star on top and i make a family ornament each year, with all our names and the pets names

have one who tried to climb it. he did try to eat it tho after knocking down a few ornaments

when i lived at home we taped them on the front door, now they just kinda lay around, and get thrown out around easter

whatever my mother makes

yes, you trying marrying a man with 5 brothers and two sisters!

my mom asks me for one, but my hubby does it all on his own

a crockpot, i dunno

never had it

only cause ia sked other than that my job only closes ont hanksgiving and christmas day

how about the santa clause? or rudolph or frosty

both

i dunno if we'll have snow, i doubt it we rarely get christmas snow