Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2002, 07:42 AM   #1
uss
20th Level Warrior

Hmm, About 2 years ago, i was Limp Bizkits and KoRns fan. Those were freaky times. i kept listening to the same songs over and over again. Then over a long period of time, i kept falling away from them till i didn`t listen to them at all. After that, when Wes Borland left, i was pretty sad. I don`t like Limp Bizkit anymore and i hate Fred Durst. Though i still rarely listen to some of their older and better songs. Watch the video of Limp Bizkit - Rollin´. If you look closely, you can see that Fred Durst is always on the screen. He also directs the videos and poses. Always poses on the screen.
One question: Why do you think Wes Borland left?
Old 07-04-2002, 07:50 AM   #2
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

"One question: Why do you think Wes Borland left?"

Nah j/k. I think its because Fred is a gigantic gaping asshole and control freak.

[ 07-04-2002, 07:53 AM: Message edited by: caleb ]
Old 07-04-2002, 07:55 AM   #3
Deathbringer

Quote:
er.. one question, why did yo ever like Limp Bizkit? hehe.

Old 07-04-2002, 08:02 AM   #4
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
"One question: Why do you think Wes Borland left?"

Nah j/k. I think its because Fred is a gigantic gaping asshole and control freak.
hmm, i think youre right. it was fun to see Fred Durst die in Celebrity Deathmatch [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-04-2002, 08:14 AM   #5
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Deathbringer:
quote:
er.. one question, why did yo ever like Limp Bizkit? hehe.[/QUOTE]Thats because they have some good songs. what do you listen to? i listen to System of a Down, Rammstein, Clawfinger and a bit of Queens of the Stoneage.
oh, and another reason is that i was in that bulls**t "Whats popular is cool!" period.

Nice to know that the age of Limp Bizkit is gone. They can`t possibly do any good music with a "new and unknown" guitarist.
Old 07-04-2002, 08:34 AM   #6
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

You're into a spot of the old Queens of the Stoneage eh uss? Damn fine band o' musicians. Do you get into Kyuss (QotSA members Josh Homme, Nick Oliveri and Alfredo Hernandez's former band), most certainly su-perb sh*t.
I never really got into Limp Bizkit personally, but when I was but a wee lad of all but 14 I used to be a big Korn fan. In terms of my personal opinion though I think Korn are definately a band that one gets past very quickly once one grows out of their pubescant, f**k-the-world phase (not to say that I've outgrown that at age 20 [img]smile.gif[/img] ).

Anyways, have a good one. Oh, and do you have any idea when the new QotSA album is due out? They've been postponing it for ages. Dave Grohl is playing on it! He's a big fan of their's supposedly. Should make for good listening.
Old 07-04-2002, 08:41 AM   #7
Deathbringer

Quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Deathbringer:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

er.. one question, why did yo ever like Limp Bizkit? hehe.

Thats because they have some good songs. what do you listen to? i listen to System of a Down, Rammstein, Clawfinger and a bit of Queens of the Stoneage.
Well I also like System of a Down and Rammstein, my fav band is Grinspoon though.

Old 07-04-2002, 11:26 AM   #8
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

I prefer my music a little bit more hardcore than that weak stuff but if you want my true opinion i think that he was a controll freak and the rest of his group booted the guy out for taking too much of himself into everyone esle's account, the majority won and the single minority was simply rejected like a poorly grafted peice of flesh...
Old 07-04-2002, 11:27 AM   #9
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
You're into a spot of the old Queens of the Stoneage eh uss? Damn fine band o' musicians. Do you get into Kyuss (QotSA members Josh Homme, Nick Oliveri and Alfredo Hernandez's former band), most certainly su-perb sh*t.
I never really got into Limp Bizkit personally, but when I was but a wee lad of all but 14 I used to be a big Korn fan. In terms of my personal opinion though I think Korn are definately a band that one gets past very quickly once one grows out of their pubescant, f**k-the-world phase (not to say that I've outgrown that at age 20 [img]smile.gif[/img] ).

Anyways, have a good one. Oh, and do you have any idea when the new QotSA album is due out? They've been postponing it for ages. Dave Grohl is playing on it! He's a big fan of their's supposedly. Should make for good listening.
thanks for the info [img]smile.gif[/img] . hmm, the name Kyuss sounds familiar but i don`t really know it. Ill download some of their songs [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Old 07-04-2002, 02:02 PM   #10
Rimjaw
Red Wizard of Thay

I believe Borland said in an interview that being in Limp Bizkit to "selling your soul to the devil." So there. Of course, I personally feel that as long as one has an operational frontal lobe and a functional auditory system, it should be plainly obvious that Limp Bizkit’s music sucks. Their melodies are awful and simplistic, and the music is sporadically well-performed, as guitarist Wes Boreland (who as we said, has now left) and, to a lesser degree, DJ Lethal, are both talented and creative at what they do. If you're into the stuff from their first album, thats perfectly fine, but don't get too attached.

[ 07-04-2002, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: Rimjaw ]