Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2001, 07:45 PM   #1
Sadix
Elite Waterdeep Guard

in the demilich quest, where you get the golden arms legs and torso, I entered the final dungeon and used a chain contingency (I removed the exp cap and am playing the whole game through with a single mage with 3 horid wiltings and that kills the first lich in nothing flat, but than the demi lich comes out, he keeps casting imprisonment on me, and damn can he cast it fast, I can barly keep my spell traps up... but thats not the problem, the problem is that for some reason when he casts imprisonment or does something else (I dont know what) all my spells are regenerated, but seemingly so are his, so I can sit there and cast spell trap indefinetly, but I cant ever really hurt him, but he never really hurts me, and neither of us ever run out of spells, on top of that none of my spells seem to work on him... power word kill, finger of death, disintigrate, flesh to stone... I have tried nearly everything, and it always says "spell ineffective" which tells me nothing

to sum up the lick and myself keep regenerating spells, and he is seemingly invincible can anyone help me???!!!!
Old 06-19-2001, 07:52 PM   #2
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

possible spoiler

Ok first a try confession, I have personally never beatened the demi-lich. This questions has been answered numerous times, you may want to look in the archives, I know the answered would be there; however, I believe that I remember something about having to melee him to death with +4 or +5 weapons.

And please let me take this opportunity to welcome you to Ironworks, Sadix. I hope you will feel welcomed here and please stop my sometime and visit un on general discussions!

Again, welcome!!

------------------
O_H_F

Old 06-19-2001, 07:52 PM   #3
Grinch
The Magister

I'm not a magic-user,but I recall reading about spell trap and I think it is supposed to regenerate your spells like that. Check the manual it may have something on it.

Grinch
Old 06-19-2001, 07:55 PM   #4
Fitz
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Can't say I've done it solo but I did kill him with only mages... SPOILER?
Have your mage cast Spell Imunity -> Abjuration, that'll protect you from the imprisonment spells he throws at you (that's all he did to me the while time) and cast Melf's Minute Meteors, and keep pelting him with those, they'll kill him eventually, and when I did it, I didn't take any damage whatsoever with that combo....
Old 06-19-2001, 07:59 PM   #5
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Lower magic resistance, Breach, Khelben's Warding Whip, Ruby Ray Of Reversal and any other protection destroying spells you can thing of, and yes, Spell Trap regenerates your spells.
Old 06-19-2001, 08:23 PM   #6
KittyGal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Or... Spell Imunity Abjuration + Blade Blade of Disaster ... Wham bam dead in like a few hits

------------------
Make War not Love, War lasts longer.
Old 06-19-2001, 08:42 PM   #7
Xod
Zhentarim Guard

Yup, all you need is Spell Immunity: Abjuration and Melf's Minute Meteors (lots of them) as a solo mage.

------------------

"This place will be your tomb."
Old 06-19-2001, 08:50 PM   #8
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

Yep, your spell trap seems to be working, you are getting hit by his 9th level imprisonment spell, which is absorbed and replenishes your spell trap spell, which you cast again, etc. repeat step one LOL.
With the few hints above, you should have no problem with his demi lich form, like you said, he loves thoe imprisonment spells, a simple spell immunity will negate those, so you need to find a spell that actually damages him. Melf's meteors work well, but slow. But they will damage him.
Old 06-20-2001, 04:35 AM   #9
Ziroc

test

Old 06-20-2001, 04:50 AM   #10
Gil-Galad
The Magister

You can also summon some elementals to do the hard work before he kills them with Wail of the Banshee....True Sight is also very powerful against Liches.