Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2002, 04:50 PM   #1
Helspanth
Quintesson

Greetings everyone!
I would really like to play the game as an evil assassin and Ineed help on deciding my party.
Edwin,Korgan and Viconia are standard choices but what about the other two?
Whom should I take?
Tanks in advance
Old 01-21-2002, 05:43 PM   #2
fable
Quintesson

Whomever you wish. You've got the four basics covered--a melee fighter, a thief type, offensive and defensive spellcasters--so the rest is up to you. Add whomever you wish; all will work well, unless, of course, you're counting points and feel you won't succeed if you don't have every last weapon, quest, item and experience point trained from the game.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 07:18 PM   #3
F. Gottwald
Manshoon

imo jaheira and mazzy are the strongest contenders...

jaheira can serve as your ´shock trooper´... with blackblood and belm, backed up with a stoneskin, she can probably outfight korgan in a pinch and she has access to all but lvl 7 druid spells (and harpers call, which could come in handy). also, if viconia is your romance option, watch the fur fly and enjoy.
haer´dalis could fit a similar role, but he relies more heavily on his magic. nevertheless, with his fascination for entropy he would feel right at home in your party (more than jaheira)

mazzy is the finest archer in the game (and has some rather funny dialogues with edwin). needless to say, she can also more than hold her own in melee.
Old 01-21-2002, 07:20 PM   #4
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

well if u got ToB Sarevok would b an obvious choice..... I think it would probably b best to try and get netrual party members as they wont be as annoyed with you if u go round killing ppl [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] ... possibly haer'Dalis?? Not the best around but all the same...
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 07:46 PM   #5
Helspanth
Quintesson

OK!
I do think that HaerDalis will be a good adition,and Sarevok too!
However I get Sarevok at TOB,right?
Since then won't i be needing another fighter?
Old 01-21-2002, 07:49 PM   #6
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

yeh... IT probably would b best to have another tank.... hmm.... possibly Jah..... Or mayb u could try Anomen.... which is odd cause his alignment is lawful Netrual...... If u can put up with him that is [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 09:57 AM   #7
hagimihale
Manshoon

SPOILER....
I haven't played an evil party YET. That being said, I would only recommend Anomen for an evil party if he has FAILED his test. If he passes it and becomes lawful good, I doubt he will stick around for long if you pursue an evil path.

When he confronts his father and finds that his sister has been murdered, you can (1) advise him to let the magistrate investigate and NOT take revenge (the GOOD path), or (2) advise him to take revenge and KILL the suspect (the EVIL path).

If Anomen takes option 1, he will pass his test and become a member of the Order of the Radiant Heart, and his alignment changes to Lawful Good.

I THINK if you have him take option 2, his alignment will change to an Evil or Chaotic side. I have never tried option 2. But it seems to me that this would be more in line with an Evil party.

I have heard that he's even more of a pain in the a-- if he fails his test, so from a personality perspective he might not be a great addition anyway... Plus do you really want 2 clerics in the group? I can't answer that for you.

Korgan, Edwin, Viconia and Jaheira will be in the Neutral/Evil group I plan to play. Jan may also make it. But since you already have a theif (your PC) I'd probably recommend Haer Dalis as a backup mage. Good luck!
hagimihale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 02:39 PM   #8
Helspanth
Quintesson

Anomen EVEN more annoying??
Is that possible??
I shall not let him anywhere NEAR my party!
Thanks for the warning hagimihale!
I am leaning towards either Mazzy or Valygar since Minsc and Keldorn are out of the question for the in game fights...
What do you guys think?
Old 01-22-2002, 05:52 PM   #9
Nifft the Nimble

quote:
Originally posted by Helspanth:
Greetings everyone!
I would really like to play the game as an evil assassin

Hi Helspanth,

You will gain skills very slowly as an Assassin. Consider taking another thief with you until your skills get high enough to handle everything. Yoshimo or Jan would be good choices, and Haer'Dalis will always be a good pick-pocketer, which will help you focus your skills.

-- Nifft
Nifft the Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote