Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2001, 12:52 PM   #1
CaptnSteph
Welcomed New User

Hello fellow adventurers,

I was really enjoying this game!

However, now, if I try to leave Ishad N'ba through the West Gate toward Ruins of Shurugeon, two things will happen: 1) the game never stops loading to leave the town or (most often) 2) I will get the following appear at the bottom of my game screen, "Deep6: Tranrotidx translation mismatch." I've contacted Activision and am waiting on an answer. However, I thought I would check to see if anyone else has experienced this and what they did to resolve it.

Thank you,

Stephanie
CaptnSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2001, 01:48 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Stephanie,

Tell us about your hardward, memory and OS. Are you running the patch? Are you running the game in software mode?

I'll do a search and see if I can't pull up Saz's great thread on Town crashes. Look for it!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2001, 02:09 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Pulled up Saz's thread - it says Win 2000 and Town Crashes - read it even if you are not using Win 2000.

Hope that will solve your problem!!

Wyv
Old 03-24-2001, 03:46 PM   #4
Mortal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

For informational purposes only, I have finished the game on a W2K system with SP1. I have install W&W patch and I corrected the AVIs with a solution found in one of the threads that refered me to this site: http://www.volberding.com/. I had some of the problems with the characters but no crashing, system i850, mem 512MB, Snd: SBplatinum5.1, Vid: Creative Annihilator Pro (the 32MB DDR model and played the game in harware mode). I had only the Alt-Tab problem that removed some of the textures from the screen, and the quest problems which are not hardware dependent. In some of them I had to steal back items from the NPCs in order to give them the new ones. (Talrik's hook, Torin's arrows).

Mortal

[This message has been edited by Mortal (edited 03-28-2001).]
Mortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2001, 08:32 AM   #5
carg
The Magister

Stephanie,
there are a number of hardware problems with the game, but I really need some details about your computer to give advice about that.
What you can try is uninstalling the game and re-installing it. And while you're busy you might also run a check on your harddisk (with e.g. scandisk).
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2001, 09:01 PM   #6
CaptnSteph
Welcomed New User

Sorry that I didn't respond sooner. After talking with Activision and reinstalling the game, I was able to fix my problem. Thank you so much for the support! I'm having a blast!

Stephanie
CaptnSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2001, 09:06 PM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

HURRAH!!!!!!!!!

So very glad that you are having fun now!!!

Wyv

------------------