Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2005, 05:36 PM   #61
Saliarasri
The Magister

o.o.. Kal Zakath.. *stops reading Mallorean series.*

My online name is simply a compliation from a book (although the -sri ending means daughter.) Salia wast he original handle I chose and I added -ra- to link them. No clue why.
Old 01-13-2005, 12:43 PM   #62
Kestrel Daystar
Elminster

Heres mine:

GABRIELLA
Usage: Italian, Hungarian
Pronounced: gah-bree-EL-ah (Italian)
Italian and Hungarian feminine form of GABRIEL

So...

GABRIEL
Usage: English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Romanian, Biblical
Pronounced: GAY-bree-el (English), ga-bree-EL (French)
From the Hebrew name Gabriyel which meant "strong man of God". Gabriel is one of the seven archangels in Hebrew tradition. He appears in both the Old Testament and the New Testament, where he serves as the announcer of the births of John to Zechariah and Jesus to Mary. According to Islamic tradition he was the angel who dictated the Koran to Muhammad.

Nifty, im a "Strong Woman of God". I feel powerful, need to go destroy something...

Middle name:

FAITH
Usage: English
Pronounced: FAYTH
Simply means "faith" from the English word. This was one of the virtue names favoured by the Puritans.

Oh, and after I found my first name I scrolled down and found:

GALADRIEL
Usage: Literature
Means "maiden crowned with a radiant garland" in Sindarin. Galadriel was a Noldorin elf princess renowned for her beauty and wisdom in J. R. R. Tolkien's novels. The elements are galad "radiant" and riel "garlanded maiden". Alatáriel is the Quenya form of her name.
[img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

--Kestrel--
Old 01-13-2005, 08:47 PM   #63
AliCat
Drow Warrior

My name's not in the database either. Actually, the website has an excellent name generator (lovely for Black Knight, eh?). We've tried to use it to come up with names for our upcoming daughter, but had so much fun checking off the "rapper" and "hillbilly" categories that it was more fun letting it come up with outrageous names than the sometimes-hideous "normal" ones.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:50 PM   #64
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Violet - I'm with Aelia, the word skeeve isn't really a nice thing, and I'd be surprised that one of those programs gave that name as a description for your name? What is your name btw? Just would like to know, and look it up and see what exactly it says, maybe it is worded in some way that it is deeper than we can translate, depends on which site you are using.

As for my Peter Pan fun, I have given up trying to find some good interpretation with it LOL. Just not a Peter Pan fan, I thought it ridiculous how a woman played Peter Pan in shows, and then again, the Michael Jackson thing (you know his plastic surgery is to make him look peter pan elfish right?). Eww now I'm grossed out, especially with his trial coming up!

I'm just gonna think about that stupid Beach Boys song now, even though the words in that re "Wendy" aren't really flattering either!

[ 01-13-2005, 09:52 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 01-13-2005, 10:06 PM   #65
Spirits forever

Quote:
Originally posted by AliCat:
My name's not in the database either. Actually, the website has an excellent name generator (lovely for Black Knight, eh?). We've tried to use it to come up with names for our upcoming daughter, but had so much fun checking off the "rapper" and "hillbilly" categories that it was more fun letting it come up with outrageous names than the sometimes-hideous "normal" ones.
yay someone else whose names not in the thing!

Old 01-14-2005, 11:53 AM   #66
Violet
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Violet - I'm with Aelia, the word skeeve isn't really a nice thing, and I'd be surprised that one of those programs gave that name as a description for your name? What is your name btw? Just would like to know, and look it up and see what exactly it says, maybe it is worded in some way that it is deeper than we can translate, depends on which site you are using.

As for my Peter Pan fun, I have given up trying to find some good interpretation with it LOL. Just not a Peter Pan fan, I thought it ridiculous how a woman played Peter Pan in shows, and then again, the Michael Jackson thing (you know his plastic surgery is to make him look peter pan elfish right?). Eww now I'm grossed out, especially with his trial coming up!

I'm just gonna think about that stupid Beach Boys song now, even though the words in that re "Wendy" aren't really flattering either!

ladyzekke and Aeliia,
The word skeeve (skeever or skeevy) isn't really a nice word where I come from either but as many of you know, if you grow up in (more) rural parts of the midwest, you aren't likely to make it to adulthood without being tagged with a nickname of some sort.
The Skeevestress was bestowed upon me by my husband's best friends because he has been known as "Skeeve" for decades.
His name is Steve McKeever.
Prior to marrying him I had been called Shrimpy, Olive Oyl or That Skinny Chick, depending on who was referring to me lol. Not that I like The Skeevestress any better but I do love my husband and we have had a long and happy partnership thus far so it's not all bad.
IRL my name is really Violet. Much better than Olive Oyl lol.

ladyzekke,
My sincere apologies for bringing Michael Jackson to mind in connection with Peter Pan! I promise I'll never do that again!
Wendy is a beautiful name. It makes me think of someone who is friendly in a Snow White kind of way. [img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]\"http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/VioletMcKeever/AniV.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />A Man With Poetry On His Lips Also Has Wings On His Heart<br />The Harder You Run From Your Dreams, The Harder They Run After You<br />I Am Not A Human Having Spiritual Experiences, I Am A Spirit Having Human Experiences<br />Smart As A Whip; Heart Of Gold; Tough As Nails; Lost In The Woods
Old 01-14-2005, 11:58 AM   #67
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
That's weird...it makes me think of booze...lots of it.
Old 01-14-2005, 12:03 PM   #68
Violet
Manshoon

Mad

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
That's weird...it makes me think of booze...lots of it.
You just got yourself another fan, johnny
[img]\"http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/VioletMcKeever/AniV.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />A Man With Poetry On His Lips Also Has Wings On His Heart<br />The Harder You Run From Your Dreams, The Harder They Run After You<br />I Am Not A Human Having Spiritual Experiences, I Am A Spirit Having Human Experiences<br />Smart As A Whip; Heart Of Gold; Tough As Nails; Lost In The Woods
Old 01-14-2005, 12:39 PM   #69
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Old 01-16-2005, 05:39 AM   #70
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

lol, they have:
Jared
Jareth
Jarod
Jarred