Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2001, 04:31 PM   #1
Nahkranoth
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Will we pay to play Neverwinter Nights Online like Asheron´s Call and Everquest?
Nahkranoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 06:16 PM   #2
Balgin
Elminster

From what I've read so far Black Isle don't plan to charge people, however the host might charge (if their legally allowed to, that is). If you can't afford to play on any official service (I can't) then simply hook up with a few friends and play with them. Incidentally The Land of Argyle/ The Harbour (NWN world) isn't planning on charging anything unless they can't meet their server upkeep costs.

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Balgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 01:55 AM   #3
Azlan
Banned User

Good, if I do have to pay to play online then it's no NWN for me!

------------------
Yip!
"You want some? Come get some."
Azlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2001, 07:32 PM   #4
Blaed
Elite Waterdeep Guard

No
Blaed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 09:37 AM   #5
The Xlord
Dungeon Master

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

The Xlord

------------------
Defender and master of Good archmagic
Homepage: http://www.nwh.itgo.com
The Xlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 11:05 AM   #6
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

I really don't think so and I've found no references on all the official sites to support any claim that we would pay for it. I certainly wouldn't bother if they charged. I like gaming but there's a lot more fun stuff in real life I can do for free.

------------------
Asphyxiate, Terrorist / Arsonist
Asphyxiate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 01:21 PM   #7
Kinthalis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

No, Bioware wont be charging you to play. In fact Bioware isn't even providing any sort of official server to play on.

There are going to be hundreds of great projects once NWN hits the shelves, and their all going to be free.

Some have already though of charging member dues, but I doubt these will be very succesfull since so many others will be offering the same (or even better service) for free.

So no worries!
Kinthalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2001, 09:41 AM   #8
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by Kinthalis:
No, Bioware wont be charging you to play. In fact Bioware isn't even providing any sort of official server to play on.

There are going to be hundreds of great projects once NWN hits the shelves, and their all going to be free.

Some have already though of charging member dues, but I doubt these will be very succesfull since so many others will be offering the same (or even better service) for free.

So no worries!
Be warned I think you will have to pay somewhere along the lines. All of the free gaming services, Wireplay, Barrysworld etc are all having a bad time of it financially at the moment, so I wouldn't think too many people would run a large scale endevour for free. Never-the-less I wouldn't say no if it was free, being U.K. based my internet time is expensive as is.

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF

HATS for sale baby!
Sponsored by Yorick
Your ad here? Call 112 -221 -123
Old 04-07-2001, 06:19 PM   #9
Balgin
Elminster

With respect to what Kinthalis wrote above I don't believe that Bioware will host any servers BUT there is already a character registering service (something like nwnvault) that seems to be Interplay/Bioware based that allows people to book character names in advance and store "official" character after the game is released. This claims to be a balanced service but may deduct xp and items if it decides that you're GM was a bit genrous (it bases leveling on the ammount of time that you spent online, doesn't give additional bonuses if you had a stingy GM, just takes big bonuses away).

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Balgin is offline   Reply With Quote