Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2001, 11:21 AM   #1
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

its kinda unfair... i wuz just reading all the things in NNW info and stuff and i just found out that your old bg2 will be declared UNOFFICIAL in the vault game world... even though you have legel char... its unfair right.. the only way it can be official char in NNW is if you become lvl 1 back to zero... unfair right??
Zoratorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2001, 04:03 PM   #2
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

No what is unfair is the fact that in BG2
In 180 days you get as strong as a normal character would get in 180 days
it's no fun to live in a world with 10000 demi gods
who kill about 1000000 dragons a year
Rikard T'Aranaxz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2001, 11:45 PM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I have to agree with Rikard on this one, Zor. The BG2 characters reached stratospheric levels of power in a very short space of time. That would make the life cycle for NWN really short, especially with the types of weapons they put in like Crom Faeyr, Celestial Fury, etc. It would mean that the DM would very soon have to be putting in hordes of tanar'ri, baatezu etc just to make the PCs draw a sweat.
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2001, 09:04 PM   #4
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Whats wrong with starting at 1st level for a NEW game? Its NEW! Its FUN! Geeze when you here the sound and see the little plus in the portrait when you make 2nd level your like YES!!!!! When you hit 16th its like ok, 3 more hit points. Cool. Wow. The lower and mid-levels are GREAT! Fun!
Lord of Alcohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2001, 08:00 AM   #5
Thunderfire

Vault Characters use a different method to make characters. I don't think
it is a good idea to allow BG2 Characters in NWN because the max.
Level of some characters is higher than the max level of NWN. Kits
and weapon mastery don't exist in the basic 3rd Edition Rules used by
NWN. Some characters classes like the sorcerer also require diffenerent
stats to cast spells
Old 02-25-2001, 11:11 PM   #6
DemonGrasp

Every New game is a chance to start over again if we kept all the old characters from other games then we would never have the pleasure of trying out new races or clases or whatnot. What im trying to say is Live With It and make the best of it!
Old 02-26-2001, 01:03 AM   #7
Tobbin_OHF

You are saying that NWN is not set up for character levels in BGII? What is the highest level that can be attained in NWN?
Old 02-26-2001, 09:06 AM   #8
Mortis Metacarpus

Currently, level 20. It uses 3rd edition rules where as BG II used 2nd edition. The rules for super characters over level 20 have not yet been released, which is the reason. There will almost certainly be an expansion, official or unofficial, released afterwards which allows your characters to go past that. You could also use NWNscript to write in extra abilities for a character to simulate them going past 20th level, but the vault wouldn't like that much.
Old 03-02-2001, 09:05 PM   #9
sirgwayne

Have to agree with LoA. The beggining and starting out is Great FUN!
it's the challenge I guess bringing that level one character up and watchung
them progressively get more powerful. "well nothing beats it"!

------------------

Walk lightly my friend.
Old 03-06-2001, 02:55 PM   #10
Saigo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i think they should actually let you use those b2 chrs for single or multi at home gaming but only accept new chrs for online vault gaming!I do think though they should implement the legit no xp cap scenerio though because some people can naturally be more talentde at the game and get to be high level fast enough that it would reach the max in no time!They could however implement som sort of system that requires you do certain quests to keep your chr in good faith as he gets higher level!Sort of a right of passage(i.e.-find a way to destroy the evil artifact that gives so much power to an evil chr wether it be comp generated or actually an individual from the vault!)This system could also include doing favors for your deities or destroy some competetive chrs online that want to be the next guildmaster or high druid!
Saigo is offline   Reply With Quote