Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2001, 03:56 AM   #1
Sneakel

Which of the old Greyhawk AD+D Moduals do you think would be best to make into a computer game. Anyone remember the "A" Series ( against the slavers) Or the "G" Series ( Against the giants ). Of the S Series.. I can only recall the third.. against the Demi-lich and I think there was a Q series also.

Or am I just alot older than most of you here?
Old 01-20-2001, 11:51 AM   #2
blackstone

There are quite a few "Classic" modules that should be converted to the NWN engine..I have a list of my favorites right here! This list could provide hours of challenges for your PCs. In fact, you could use this for a whole campaign using NWN. I guess some of us old timers remember even the 1st Edition rules were fun too! Here my list of "Classic AD&D" modules. (God. i feel old!)

Module # Name Levels
N1 Against the Cult 1-3
of the Reptile God

L1 Dwellers of the
Forbidden City 4-7

C1 The Hidden Shrine 5-7
of Tamoachan

A1-A4 The Scourge of the 7-11
Slave Lords
(aka Slaver Series)

I6 Ravenloft 5-7(or higher!)
(a must!Strahd's debut!)

G1-G3 Against the Giants 8-12
(a must!)

D1-D2 Descent into the 9-14
Depths of the Earth(a must!)

D3 Vault of the Drow 10-14
(a must!)
Q1 Queens of the 10-14(or higher!)
Demonweb Pits
(a must!meet Lolth herself!)

S1 Tomb of Horrors 10-14
(need I say more?)

S2 White Plume Mountain 5-10

S3 Expedition to the 8-12
Barrier Peaks (maybe)

S4 The Lost Cavers of 6-10
Tsojcanth
Almost ALL of these modules have been out of print for at least 10-12 years or more! If you have them (like me!) good 4 you! If not,well check out many of the auction web sites for them. u just might get lucky. The idea of dusting these suckers off 4 some new players is exciting, and it brings back some old memories.
Old 01-24-2001, 03:44 PM   #3
Sneakel

Oh right. S1 was the demi lich. S3 was a goofy robot and lazers thing. During my many moves I have lost almost all my old stuff. I used to have alot of old Harn and Greyhawk moduals. Those were the good ol days.
Old 02-19-2001, 05:24 PM   #4
Dwarf

Actually the good old B3 (Original printing, came with the "Purple Box" D&D rules "The Keep on the Borderlands") translates realy well into AD&D 1st Ed, 2nd Ed and 3rd Ed, not only that but it was so open ended that the GM could set practically any objectives or quests that he wanted. I've laminated the cover with sellotape (I was extremely careful) wich has admitedly ruined any re sale value but it means that the only risky bit is the middle two pages.
Old 02-20-2001, 03:17 PM   #5
ashlander73

I'm also very much looking forward to recreating the old modules from the basic set/Mystara. In fact, I've set up a website to do it at http://mystaraproject.tripod.com

Hopefully, we'll be able to take some of these great old adventures, tweak them and bring them into the 21st century!
Old 02-22-2001, 02:39 PM   #6
Dwarf

I used to have the 1st 9 B modules (got them with the next basic set out) and with them, a 1st Edition (possibly first printing) Players Handbook and the D&D basic rules I muddled along for a few years before discovering that the only thing that I'd worked out wrong for AD&D was the saving throws and the attack rolls (these where secret GM only information until second Ed, it actually worked better that way, made people more careful). Then I lent the lot (in a single booklet) to an evil piece of scum who never gave them back. I do, however still have my purple box B2 in pretty good condition so that makes me happy.