Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2001, 06:26 AM   #1
Psycho
Dungeon Master

hello all,
it comes as no suprise that a game such as NWN has a huge fan base already...i would be part of that, if only my internet connection was faster than 56k Ah well, enough complaining from me, heres the topic.
I have been playing AD&D for a good number of years (12 to be exact, and im 22 now), and have followed it through all of its evolutions. As the person with the most gaming knowledge in my group of friends, i am the de facto DM...of course, i dont mind this, as i enjoy the ability to create the story, as well as having no restrictions on what i can do. I do my best to make the game as fun as possible for my friends, allowing more freedom in game than most GM's that ive met. As such, the players use this freedom wantonly...my game is no longer that of heroes, but quite the opposite: the PCs are usually evil, and enjoy their freedom. I have the oh-so-wonderful responsibility of maintaining balance, as well as trying to keep a healthy level of tension in the game. I have been running the same campaign world for appx. 8 yrs, modifying it as i go, and fixing the mistakes that ive made. Its based off of the Forgotten Realms campaign setting, with a couple of major twists, as one would expect from a world that has seen years of constant tinkering. When i heard of neverwinter nights, i was ecstatic...i rather enjoy computer RPGs as well as console games, and got the idea of using NWN to create my AD&D realm for the game.
I guess what im saying is that this world isn't all nice and pretty like a majority of RPG worlds, with more plot twists and secret agendas than a Tremere clan meeting. Im wondering how many of the prospective players out there would be interested in playing in such a world, and if so, how many would be able to assist in its creation? after all, the creation of a world the size that im looking at is no small feat, and attention to detail is my specialty (just ask any of my RPG buddies). Any thoughts on this matter would be appreciated. Thanks, all.
Mordain Thade
Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2001, 05:30 PM   #2
Jon the Hell Caster

maybe you and I together can create a campain? I also plan to be a DM.
Old 01-18-2001, 06:57 AM   #3
Oratio Darkwook

Hello Mordain,

I have also a lot of experience in game creation and masterisation. I have been either playing or mastering this game since 14 years now.

Creating a world is indeed a lot of work. I would be glad to be part of it, at least on a small measure as my business life takes a lot of my time unfortunately.
Old 02-05-2001, 04:54 PM   #4
GwanGwanish

I would like to help anyway I can, Im plaining on being a DM also, so if there is any way I could help, I would love to

Icq #10034070
email justkill@hotmail.com
The justkill part does not mean im a crazy person who wants to kill people, however much people seem to think that.
Old 02-05-2001, 04:57 PM   #5
GwanGwanish

And if this is going to be a world of trickery and backstabbers, I would lovve to help even more, after playing Wheel Of Time Mud for over a year, ive seen my share of evil villans and such,

(note- its a great mud, if you dont mind it being 90% pking)
Old 02-25-2001, 02:43 AM   #6
Mordian Thade

well, its good to see that people are really interested in helping create the world, and for this, i thank all who responded. of course, all our hard work would be for naught if no one would be interested in actually PLAYING in the world. So, this goes out to all of you who are looking forward more to the playing aspect of the game: would this kind of world be the kind to stand out and scream, "Join me!"?
Old 03-05-2001, 02:56 PM   #7
Saigo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well as it turns out....i happened to at one time be reaqlly involved with d&d module creation(i have been playing since i was 12 and still play these rpg's at 28)I'm gald that i didn't throw out or sell any of my stuff.....i had created a full globe with a sort of mixture of different lands some greyhawk,forgotten realms both kara tur and waterdeep and icewind dale,as well as a few continents of my own.....so that when we had different modules to play ,i didn't have many problems incorporating one to the other.....then planescape came out and all the high level players wanted to travel te planes in search of their perticular dreams/goals!
I have kept most of the detailed maps with all continents,populations,citys,towns,incomes,tribal factions,wildlifes.....i over did it in short....but now with nwn i plan to download their map creator when they have it available and create a large scale globe like before.....i wonder what the memory space limitations are going to be!
They are going to have a hell of a mother board if everyone comes up with their versions of the rpg world!
I also can't wait to see how involved they are going to be against hacks,maybe also create a federation to monitor and rate the players!
Saigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 05:54 PM   #8
Blaed
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I may not be the seasoned D&D player that many of you are, but i would be very interested in seeing a world filled with evil and corruption.
Blaed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2001, 08:41 PM   #9
Balgin
Elminster

Yet another seasoned gamer (fifteen years) I came late to the TSR products (living in England means that GW gets to you first). Now an experienced GM and player I have had fun working on a pseudo historical world (unfortunately the NWN screenshots depict rather unhistorical equipment but I can live with that) centered on a Scandinavian area thatincorporates most of the Ravanloft rules and get's people worried fats (although if they actually see a monster before reaching about fourth level I did something wrong ). I also play with a small local group in a nice contained world Medievana. We recently had all the 2nd Ed characters travel on a quest that inevitably set about the conversion to 3rd Ed. At the quests conclusion they returned to the prime material plane only to discover that fifty years had passed since they had last seen home and cataclysmic events had radically altered the state of the lands (we went a bit mad on the map, randomly altering coastlines and submerging sections, activating volcanoes etc). They are now using 3rd Ed rules (it almost felt like fifty years doing those conversions LOL) but if I can get a copy of the original map it'd make a great campaign setting. Having had many enjoyable Ravenloft experiences (Dwarf Fighters don't get killed, they get drowned or smothered or die of other natural causes, not for lack of trying however, monsters just can't do enough damage to me when I go paranoid psychopath on them) I have developed an almost overhealthy level of paranoia. I have a penchant for playing goodly alignend characters but could easily fit into an evil scheming world, just consider the popularity of that doomed hero angle.

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Balgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2001, 07:26 AM   #10
The Xlord
Dungeon Master

Count me in!!!

The Xlord

------------------
Defender and master of Good archmagic
:mage1:
The Xlord is offline   Reply With Quote