Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2002, 12:51 PM   #101
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:

Magik, I am not an accountant, but I play one on TV. [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] Seriously, I have studied it some and spent 1.5 years fixing other people's accounting problems. Also, Belle is only 1 year away from an accounting degree (if she would finish her schooling, like I keep telling her to do). What kinds of difficulties are you having? [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]

What I could use is a simple road map. That starts at the basic T account info, to the General Journal all the way out to the closed account form basicly a map that shows, make this form/chart, then this one, then the next in the order of precidence from the beginning of the accounting cycle to the end. Also a way to remember which accounts carry debit balances as normals and which accounts carry credit balances as a norm. I do know that in general on the asset side of the equation you have debit balances and on the liability and owner equity side you usually have credit balances, but there are exceptions to that rule and Im not clear on how to remember the exception.....gads I hate this stuff. [img]smile.gif[/img] was any of that intelligable?

Old 09-18-2002, 01:19 PM   #102
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Hi all! Attalus, I hope the kitty comes back!

Canadianvixen, LOL, well, I hope you do like IWD2! Don't feel too bad, I never finished BG2...*sheepish look* but hope to one of these days.... *looks off toward the horizon*

Well, back to work... ugh!
We're still on for tonight, Cloudy! LadyZ and I will get you through to Chapter 3, at least!

Cheers,
-Saz
[/QUOTE]YEHAA! Yup, I stayed up to do some things last night and will videotape a show tonight so I can bustle about for my family visit AFTER we play!

I just have to get the right cd in the computer! I'll give you and LadyZ my info when we hookup on the chat before starting.
Old 09-18-2002, 01:32 PM   #103
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

LOL, I've got absolutely no accounting expertise. I can get a piece of wood out of your eye, though, like I just did. As usual, I couldn't resist the "cast out the beam that is thine eye" quote.
Old 09-18-2002, 01:35 PM   #104
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Attalus, I thought of all people a pair of Docs would know how disgustingly disease ridden cats are ...how can you even think of allowing one in the house? (says the man who is deathly allergic to all felines great and small)
Hmm...because he's sensitive, sweet, kind and knows what will happen if he were to say no and Gal said yes....

Says the woman who has had cats for close to 20 yrs
Old 09-18-2002, 01:47 PM   #105
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

HEY GUYS!!!!!!!!!
It's me! I think I used to come here, I can't really remember seeing as I'm getting nearer and nearer to old age (20 in January [img]tongue.gif[/img] ).
So, how is everyone?
Old 09-18-2002, 01:50 PM   #106
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio:
HEY GUYS!!!!!!!!!
It's me! I think I used to come here, I can't really remember seeing as I'm getting nearer and nearer to old age (20 in January [img]tongue.gif[/img] ).
So, how is everyone?
OH no...NOT the big TWENTY!!? EGADS! You're so ...so... OLD! [img]tongue.gif[/img] LOL
Hi Horatio, how's the crossdressing going? Need any pointers on how to clean your skirts? Hehe.. welcome back!

We've been a bit slow today, but all in all, things are moving along nicely. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2002, 01:54 PM   #107
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hey Cloudy, you've REALLY offended me.
How the hell can you assume that I do not know how to clean my own skirts? Just what kind of maniac are you?!? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Hm, yeah, it does seem a bit slow here today. Oh well, things'll pick up (probably when I'm not on!)
Old 09-18-2002, 02:02 PM   #108
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Geez, this seems pretty busy to me, maybe it's my age. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Hi, Horatio, how is it going?
Old 09-18-2002, 02:05 PM   #109
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Hi all... college was... useless. lol. jerks cant even access their own database... bah I hate key skills... THEN they spring a math test on me without warning... AND I did it last year... idiots... then some tutor went on about something for 2 hrs... no one understood him AT all... darn stutterings... erm, anyway, how are you all?
Old 09-18-2002, 02:09 PM   #110
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
YEHAA! Yup, I stayed up to do some things last night and will videotape a show tonight so I can bustle about for my family visit AFTER we play!

I just have to get the right cd in the computer! I'll give you and LadyZ my info when we hookup on the chat before starting.
[/QUOTE]

You mean you have to find it, huh? Make sure all the "ghost poop" (dust) is off of it! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

I completely removed all of my former installation with ToB and Ascension, etc., backed up my old save games, and I'm now back to the basic SoA installation + patches. We should be good to go.

Cheers,
-Saz

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."