Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2001, 08:45 PM   #91
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Mouse:
And just why would that be exactly?
Because we are all to blame.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 09-07-2001, 08:48 PM   #92
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:

You just refuse to see population numbers as having ANYTHING to do with it! Which is utter nonesense!!!! The more people there are the more widespread the damage we do! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

Is it so hard for you to accept that I disagree? I have open eyes. I have seen widespread pollution, choked on city air and seen footage of the crap we have visited upon the planet. What is so hard for you to accept about human numbers not having anything to do with the problem?

------------------

Old 09-07-2001, 08:56 PM   #93
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

What I have seen is large numbers of humans living together in crap, and large numbers living together in a more ecofriendly manner. I have seen large numbers living in small spaces and small numbers living in larger spaces. You will never convince me that numbers have anything to do with it, because I am certain that choices have. How many people were involved in dropping the bombs on Nagasaki and Hiroshima? How many were involved in building, running and exploding Chernobyl? How many ship owners have neglected their ships and caused oil spills? Certainly has nothing to do with millions of folk. By your reasoning Nagasaki and Hiroshima should have assisted the planet shouldn't it?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Yorick (edited 09-07-2001).]
Old 09-07-2001, 08:56 PM   #94
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I give up on this one. I don't aim to beat my head on a brick wall! You don't want to see it so you won't. OK.

Never mind! Plenty of other things to argue about, lol!

------------------

Old 09-07-2001, 09:06 PM   #95
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
I give up on this one. I don't aim to beat my head on a brick wall! You don't want to see it so you won't. OK.

Never mind! Plenty of other things to argue about, lol!

WHAT! Fjlotsdale I see, I just don't agree! Why can you not accept this! To presume blindness... to assume I choose ignorance!? Fjlotsdale give me a break! I could be quite insulting about those that view overpopulation as the problem if I desired, but I am trying to be respectful! It is believers in this idea that have their heads in the sand, blind refusing to change their own actions or even see they are at fault and blaming something they can never change!

It is I who am banging my head against a brick wall!

Adios then Fjlotsdale

------------------

Old 09-07-2001, 09:09 PM   #96
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
The reality is that our population will continue to grow, it is up to us to ensure that we have the infrastructure to support that without adversely affecting the planet.

This post sums the problem precisely and succinctly.
Thankyou Memnoch. Take a bow.

------------------

Old 09-07-2001, 09:21 PM   #97
Fljotsdale

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
WHAT! Fjlotsdale I see, I just don't agree! Why can you not accept this! To presume blindness... to assume I choose ignorance!? Fjlotsdale give me a break! I could be quite insulting about those that view overpopulation as the problem if I desired, but I am trying to be respectful! It is believers in this idea that have their heads in the sand, blind refusing to change their own actions or even see they are at fault and blaming something they can never change!

It is I who am banging my head against a brick wall!

Adios then Fjlotsdale

YORICK!!!!
Did I EVER SAY WE DON'T NEED TO CHANGE OUR ACTIONS?!?!
NO!!!

Look - you know quite well that I agree with you on that!!!!!!!!!!

Look at it this way -
There are 10 people in the world. No matter how hard they try they will NEVER mess up more than a tiny fraction of it. Agree?
There are 100 people in the world - ditto. Agree?
1,000. Ditto. Agree?
1,000,000. Not quite ditto. Agree?
10,000,000. Well?
100,000,000. Hm?
Carry on ad infinitum....
C'mon, Yorick. Numbers matter as much as behaviour.

------------------

Old 09-07-2001, 09:28 PM   #98
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:

Look at it this way -
There are 10 people in the world. No matter how hard they try they will NEVER mess up more than a tiny fraction of it. Agree?
There are 100 people in the world - ditto. Agree?
1,000. Ditto. Agree?
1,000,000. Not quite ditto. Agree?
10,000,000. Well?
100,000,000. Hm?
Carry on ad infinitum....
C'mon, Yorick. Numbers matter as much as behaviour.

Wrong. A handful of people could have destroyed the world during the cold war. One man - Hussein - caused untold damage burning huge oil fires during the gulf war.

Tell me, was America before the Europeans considered "messed up"? How many people were there?

10 people lumped together don't have to mess up any area. Their chosen actions decide that. However a certain 10 people today could very well ruin the place. (Murdoch, Bush etc etc)

------------------

[This message has been edited by Yorick (edited 09-07-2001).]
Old 09-07-2001, 09:36 PM   #99
Fljotsdale

*Fljotsdale draws a deep breath and decides not to scream. Screaming is childish. She refuses to scream. Just because this nice young man is also stubborn and pig-headed is no reason to scream. No sir. She will not scream. She will go away quietly and come back tomorrow when she is less tired and less inclined to scream and pound her head on the keyboard. OK.*

G'night, Yorick!

------------------

Old 09-07-2001, 09:51 PM   #100
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
*Fljotsdale draws a deep breath and decides not to scream. Screaming is childish. She refuses to scream. Just because this nice young man is also stubborn and pig-headed is no reason to scream. No sir. She will not scream. She will go away quietly and come back tomorrow when she is less tired and less inclined to scream and pound her head on the keyboard. OK.*

G'night, Yorick!

When you point a finger, five point back at you Fjlotsdale

------------------