Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2001, 01:18 PM   #31
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:

I understand about the BG2 forum. On the three times I have gone in there looking for information recently, I have seen so many vulgar posts, some of them downright abusive, and it certainly does NOT make me want to post anything in there! (Sorry, Memnoch.) It doesn't only seem to be recently: whenever I search for information on a topic (like to find out which of the character's are best to include in a party), I find threads filled with spew about how someone's else's choices SUCKED and how their own choices were KEWL...no respect for anyone else's opinion. I just don't care for that forum! So as I'm learning BG2, I'm relying on Cloudy and RudeDawg for help. Sad, but that's the way it is.
Saz, I just checked every post on the first and second pages of the BG2 forum and I couldn't find anything that was vulgar or obscene (except in the BG2 Bar where there was a LOT which I have now closed). Otherwise it's just the usual stuff, much like here in General Discussions (except that the age group is obviously younger).

Give us another chance, mate, we'd love to see you there once in a while!

------------------
Old 06-16-2001, 01:18 PM   #32
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Gee, thanks Saz, nice to know I'm doing a good job which threads are you talking about, mate?

I don't really want to have to check EVERY SINGLE ONE for content...

Hey, Memnoch!!!
You are doin a fine job, it just gets hard with all the things goin on. ICQ or MSN if you need input or details.

------------------
Old 06-16-2001, 02:37 PM   #33
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by RudeDawg:

Hey, Memnoch!!!
You are doin a fine job, it just gets hard with all the things goin on. ICQ or MSN if you need input or details.

I'm on MSN now, where are you?

------------------
Old 06-16-2001, 02:50 PM   #34
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

now, now whats happenin???

dont leave!

what else? its been twice now...

------------------

You know what happened. We are ONE, WE ARE, ahh.. er... I AM 'S favorite pet pea-cock...teehee and... Stay ahead of the Avalanche or risk being buried...
Old 06-16-2001, 02:59 PM   #35
BladeMaster

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
Hey Blade, I know we dont really know each other, but I would like you to stay.I myself had have people have a go at me for a totally pointless reason, but thanx to a few people they have persuaded me that those people just aint worth it.

Thanx Reeka!!

So, Blademaster, it seems you have a lot of friends, so please, reconsider your deciscion!!

All the best, and I hope you can stay,

Brad

Thanks Brad. I will still be posting but not on a regular bases because lately there has been not alot of good posts. There has been some good topics. I find that when I bring some humor to a thread some people get outright offensive about it even though they were not the one who started the topic and that makes me mad because the person who started the topic loves it.

Oh by the way Brad I could not find that site you told me about. When I used the Google search engine for the keyword you told me about it brought up 1000s of site and I didn't feel like going thru them all.

------------------
By Clanggedin. What does a Dwarf have to do to get a drink around here. Say hi to my lover Tess.

http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/evermeet

Old 06-16-2001, 03:14 PM   #36
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Please dont leave your part of the community, I wont to try to sway you any more but sorry that your going. sigh and we were just getting to like Kors ah well your welcome in the bar anytime.

------------------
Old 06-16-2001, 04:09 PM   #37
Lord Shield

We haven't had vulgar in long long time. I have restarted the Bar thread with Memnoch's guidelines. Any deviation from the "no supergod" rule means I will start registering people's characters before they're allowed entry
Blademaster is very attached to his character, Angel, and she did not waste time attacking other patrons like other members did. Jabidas, a lot of the flame sequences have you in the middle of them. Stay out of them. Any flaming and I'll jump on them
'nuff said

Old 06-16-2001, 04:11 PM   #38
jabidas
Silver Dragon

I just looked at them and im about ready to leave this place as well, I dont know where the hell they came from.

------------------
Old 06-16-2001, 06:55 PM   #39
Melusine
Dracolisk

Mario, I just wanted to tell you you are doing a great job in the BG2 Forum!!!
I am sad that you have such a bad impression of the forum, Saz, I can see where it comes from, but you really saw only one side of the coin. I am often impressed at how fast people get useful answers to their questions, and whenever a newbie posts, he/she is warmly welcomed by whomever is the first to answer the thread. Memncoh is truly a figure of authority there, and he manages to keep most people from doing bad stuff. The only reason why there are some flamish posts there, is because it is probably the largest of all forums, and it is very hard to moderate as the speed with which new posts are created is truly astounding I really hope yuo'll visit again and I hope you'll see that the place is not all that bad
And again, I hope Memnoch is not feeling bad about this whole thing, so let me reassure you: You're doing a fine, fine job in moderating, babe!

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the Order of the Holy Flame and the Laughing Hyenas, &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 06-16-2001, 07:10 PM   #40
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

*shrugs* well if that's what you TRULY want, then I hope you come back soon before my fall semester starts...
otherwise, stay here and watch me make a fool out of myself with the smilies