Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2001, 12:57 AM   #1
Northraven
Manshoon

I am wondering if anybody knows if it is worth wiping out the Radiant Heart compound? Anomen has been refused his knighthood...like we need those buggers anyway? Are the monetary rewards(if any)worth the risk/consequences of such an act. I imagine slaughtering the lot of those rigtheous gits would be great fun...for an evil assasin like myself.
Old 07-16-2001, 02:02 AM   #2
Northraven
Manshoon

Okay I just wiped the floor with the buggers and hardly broke a sweat...can someone tell me if I will suffer any long-term consequences for my actions? My rep didn't drop a single point for doing the deed! It seems almost too good to be true.
Old 07-16-2001, 02:26 AM   #3
Azred
Drow Priestess

You're the only person I've seen who has relieved the Order of the petty burdens of their mortal coils, so the question may be answered by only you.

Was it worth it? Was it fun? Did the corner of your mouth turn up slightly, your eyebrows lower a little, and the glint in your eye get that little spark that would make the air around you grow ever-so-slightly cool?

------------------
An intelligent mind is the key to the universe.

The most distressing thing about practicing magic is the fact that even the most learned sorcerers cannot accurately describe what magic *is*....
Old 07-16-2001, 02:29 AM   #4
trux

tiny tiny almost insignificant spoiler ahead...
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
the only negative side-effects I can think of for your devious action is the reputation drop (which doesn't matter if your PC is evil, which he/she obviously must be,) and the fact that you can not enlist the aid of the Radiant Heart to fight the final fight with Bodhi (but who needs their petty help anyway - WE ARE BHAALSPAWN afterall!)

------------------
--
trux
Old 07-16-2001, 03:30 AM   #5
Northraven
Manshoon

In answer to Azred's question "was it worth it?", I would have to say HELL YEAH! A broad grin broke across my evil little assasin's face and the cold glint of murder shone brightly in his eyes...after playing through the game once as a goody-goody two-shoes I am realizing just how good it can be to be evil. Why fight the taint of Bhaal when you can embrace it and have all the power you deserve? MWHAHAHAHAHA!

Slight spoiler ahead:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
I guess Trux is right about not getting the RH's help in the final fight with Bhodi but,hey, after the pathetic fight they just put up against me I have to ask myself "do I care?" The answer:not a bit. Hey there's always the Shadow theives and Drizzt and Co. (That is if I choose to let that overconfident champion of good live when I run into him.HEH HEH HEH.)
Also as I said before, there was no loss of rep for slaughtering the lot of them. I was amazed. Maybe that is some kind of bug?
Old 07-16-2001, 04:06 AM   #6
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

I make a point of taking these punks out every game once all their petty quests are over with. I'm not even sure you suffer a rep' drop. They ain't hard.

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.