Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2001, 04:56 PM   #1
Ziroc

Books based on PC Games usually suck, but I remember Pool of Radiance 1 in 1988 I think--and Pools of Darkness being good reads.. BUT--Baldurs Gate books were EXTREMELY bad. I've never read them, but everyone I talked to said they were trash...

Ok, NOW Mem... (evil grin) Elminster goes to Hell--or should it be "Go to Hell, Elminster!" Well, if he's IN Hell, we should not see any naked chicks in it.. maybe nude fem demons! (gag) It was in Hardback, and went ahead and bought it.. I need something new to read--taking a break between Silver Shadows and Thornhold.

After Elm, I'll read Thornhold--is it as good as Elfsong? Silvershadows is kinda slow.. not boring, but just slow..

------------------
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks
Old 08-18-2001, 07:25 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I do not want the hardback version. I only collect paperbacks. I will probably have to wait for another year to get it. In the meantime, I have plenty of other books to read, including the recently released (paperback version) of <u>Servant of the Shard</u>

------------------

Devoted member of the Ironworks
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Member of the Ancients' club
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2001, 09:48 PM   #3
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:

I do not want the hardback version. I only collect paperbacks. I will probably have to wait for another year to get it. In the meantime, I have plenty of other books to read, including the recently released (paperback version) of <u>Servant of the Shard</u>

Servant of the Shard was a good read, but I wanted more.. (As always with an R.A novel) but Sea of Swords looks to be even BETTER! Drizzt is back, and he looks PISSED!

------------------
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks
Old 08-19-2001, 10:19 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:

Ok, NOW Mem... (evil grin) Elminster goes to Hell--or should it be "Go to Hell, Elminster!" Well, if he's IN Hell, we should not see any naked chicks in it.. maybe nude fem demons! (gag) It was in Hardback, and went ahead and bought it.. I need something new to read--taking a break between Silver Shadows and Thornhold.

After Elm, I'll read Thornhold--is it as good as Elfsong? Silvershadows is kinda slow.. not boring, but just slow..

Hmm...knowing me, I guess I'll read it too, seeing as it's kind of a spinoff of The Summoning which kicked major ass for me. And in Hell I guess the succubi are meant to be naked, so that's a letoff for Ed.

Silver Shadows is probably the weakest of the Arilyn books. Thornhold is NOT about Arilyn, but Danilo makes an appearance and he's always good for a laugh. The book has a lot to do with Khelben. It's pretty good!

------------------
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2001, 01:52 PM   #5
trux

I'd like to read this...a question though:

Are there any other FR books that I should read to become more familiar with Elminster before reading this? Or just start with this one?

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux
trux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2001, 08:49 PM   #6
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by trux:
I'd like to read this...a question though:

Are there any other FR books that I should read to become more familiar with Elminster before reading this? Or just start with this one?

<font color="white">
#1 ) Elminster, the Making of a Mage
#2 ) Elminster in Myth Drannor
#3 ) The Temptation of Elminster
#4 ) Elminster in Hell</font>

------------------

Devoted member of the Ironworks
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Member of the Ancients' club
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2001, 02:34 AM   #7
trux

Thanks Larry!

I've gotten a lot of good suggestions from this forum for FR reads.

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux
trux is offline   Reply With Quote