Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2004, 11:27 PM   #1
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I would like to have my doors reset their own traps. I can make them close themselves, and lock themselves, but I can't figure out how to make the traps reset, and don't know if it can even be done. The one idea I had was to make an invisible creature, to set the traps, after the door locks, but I'd have to have a LOT of invis creatures, has anyone found, or heard of, a better way?
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 11:36 PM   #2
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Not sure if this can help you.

Seems to be a script variable in there with a TrapResetTime included. Maybe you could gather some clues from that.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:15 AM   #3
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Possibly, I'm gonna take a look at it, and see, but it's designed for the cool visual traps, like the pendulum, that came with cep. Won't know until I try.
Old 12-10-2004, 09:10 AM   #4
Legolas
Jack Burton

In the Door Properties' Trap tab, you can disable the One Shot option. This means the trap isn't disarmed when it fires. It won't be removed unless someone with sufficient Disable Trap skill gets involved. Or a caster with Find Traps.
The only other way past the door involves gritting your teeth and bashing it down.

Once disarmed, you could in theory reset the trap using the OnDisarm event. The traps are triggers you can find on the pallette, and you can add your own with custom disarm and detect DC (and effects of course). The function to use would involve you using CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_TRIGGER... however, only Placeable, Item, Creature, Store and Waypoint are valid parameters here.

Which leaves you rather stranded if you want to use one of the conventional routes. You'd have to alter the way your module handles traps.

Though I haven't looked at any of them, apparently these might work:
Number 1
Number 2
Number 3
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 08:15 PM   #5
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Hmm, just spent an hour reading the documentation on all of that, and now I'm not so sure I want respawning traps. Looks like more headaches than it's worth, for a non persistent world.