Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2001, 06:45 PM   #31
DawnChaser
Zhentarim Guard

New Refuge in Texas: the Snow White and Prince Charming's Wayward Wanderers Refuge. Moni takes care of the critters (keeping the cats from playing with the fluffies) and Rex makes house calls, rounding up new members.

Admirable, and no less than we have come to expect (and a team, no less!)

"My new abode is shaping up well, with many new and exotic friends to meet."

------------------
Old 06-15-2001, 11:23 PM   #32
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Charean:
I was getting to that point.. I fed the squirrels so well, that when winter was over they were still chubby!! Poor little things could barely run! Once Spring really hit, and it was time for breeding, they lost the weight.. but I was worried about them getting hit by cars on the street 'cause they were so slow! LOL

My uncle has squirrels trained in his yard to come to him for food...it is really cute... he has done that for years... sometimes for a few squirrel generations... they almost get tame!

Yes, during my seven years in my house, I saw seven generations of squirrels take their first peek at the world in my backyard, and there, learn all the finer aspects of climbing and jumping around the railings of my porch.
You could actually say that the mother and one of her oldest daughters were friends with me. The males, well they liked me but something in them remained a little too wild to ever become so comfortable that they would sit with me like the girls would.

Moni

------------------

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 06-15-2001).]

Old 06-15-2001, 11:30 PM   #33
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by DawnChaser:
New Refuge in Texas: the Snow White and Prince Charming's Wayward Wanderers Refuge. Moni takes care of the critters (keeping the cats from playing with the fluffies) and Rex makes house calls, rounding up new members.

Admirable, and no less than we have come to expect (and a team, no less!)

"My new abode is shaping up well, with many new and exotic friends to meet."

DawnChaser, LOL! Too True!

Counterpoint, Oh yeah! We even have geckos and chameleons!
This year I saw more of a variety of butterflies in our yard than I have seen in ages! Most unfortunately though, the cats like to make playmates of these creatures and play just a bit too rough! This year was a hard one on the lizard population since I removed the decades of debris in which they found their safety, but alas, quite a few remain living to re-populate the grounds.

Here's to hoping that the cats won't like playing with elves!
I'll supply you with a weapon of choice against them just in case...dog breath spray.

Moni

------------------