Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2002, 06:34 PM   #1
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

... ...It only took about 5 1/2 hours, but I Finally finished a game in less then 1 hour.

Twice I got all the way to the show down with Cet and the game froze. . I was begining to think he found a way to be Immortal.
The third time, I got to the door with double locks, clicked use, clicked the lock, one bar slides out. I turn, click use,click the lock,...Nothing... Wrong Key ...seconds still ticking..scroll through inventory....NO SECOND KEY...

So, I went back to the areas where I fought the 2 champions. Still, no key... .. So of course , I had to kill everything, .. Which was pretty easy, they had all followed me and where waiting in the room with 4 doors.
It turns out , one of those little imps stole it from me.

The fourth time, all went well, or at least well enough.
Anyway here's the way it went, tick by tick:

1:05....Entered Crypt
4:40....Entered Asyllum
6:00....Listened to Nivius speech
8:35....Back in Valeia
10:10...Listened to Oracle speech
12:20...Ishad N'ha
14:20...Enter the Dragon Spire
22:45...At Erathsmedor's Door
25:15..."I weild the mavin sword" (qoute stollen from D*One)
26:15...Brimloch Roon
31:35...Entered Collasium
42:10...Left Collasium
43:25...Entered the Pyramid
48:20...Listened to Kerah and Cet
53:00...Entered Cet's room
54:20... Cet is Dead.....Listened to Anephas and Kerah speech
57:35...Back at the bar in Brimloch Roon

What a day.. ...... ...... ...Oh...A...oh
Old 05-26-2002, 06:46 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

WOWZAH!!!

And I was so impressed with your 1 hour, 8 minutes and 25 seconds record!!

I'm way behind in the dust(bunnies)!!! LOL!!!

Wyv
Old 05-26-2002, 06:57 PM   #3
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

Playing this game at a gallop, makes you realize, that Sabastio isn't the only one who's long winded .

When your in a hurry, Nivius, the Oracle and Anephas, all seem to ramble on..and on..and on.. ..
Old 05-26-2002, 07:12 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

OH gosh - where is that thread .... hmmmm

Ages ago our good poster DLimbaugh (I believe) found a way to shorten and even remove the long long long speeches. How many minutes do you think you could cut out of the game by using that tip??

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2002, 09:04 PM   #5
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

It would probably shave about 9 or 10 min.

...Rough estimate for ramblings

2:35....Nivius
1:20....Oracle
2:30....Kerah & Cet
3:10....Anephas

Oh yeh, I forgot about Serillia, the long winded mermaiden. Even with the key words she goes on for about 2 or 3 mins.
I tried to be smart one time, and while she was rambling I went and got the gem thats down the hall. Well I guess she didn't like the fact that I swam away while she was still talking and she made me ask about the oracle again, before she would open the grate. I could've killed her.....Hey maybe thats the ticket?

[ 05-27-2002, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: Packrat ]
Old 05-26-2002, 09:19 PM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

LOL!!!

DLimbaugh, who did a lot of ferreting through the files that come with the game and discovered one that indicated there were plans for consequences if you broke your oath - I digress - he located the speech files (especially Sebastio's) and figured out how to replace the text so that you could shorten the whole thing.

Wonder if that would come up in a search and what keywords to use! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2002, 09:35 PM   #7
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

I was going to reply and say, 'Thats alright , whats another 10 minutes'.... Then I realized, I just spent 5 1/2 hours, and only knocked off 12 minutes.

...Sometimes your the windsheild ...sometimes your the bug............ .....A..OH..,A...oh

p.s....Wyv check your personal messg's
Old 05-26-2002, 09:41 PM   #8
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Packrat:
p.s....Wyv check your personal messg's
I did - sent you email! my personal messages get delivered to my email box or I would forever forget to check them!

Wyv
Old 05-28-2002, 06:43 AM   #9
WillowIX
Apophis

To get rid of windbags here´s what to do:

Run "c:\windows\system32\regsvr32 c:\windows\appatch\slayerui.dll"

Now this only work on windows nt/2000 I think! I´ve got no clue if these files exist on win95/98, but I guess I could mail so you could try them out. When you´ve runned the line above you´ll here no talking (except the narrator) and the lines in the textbox will race like a mantrap on fire (hmm, bad analogy). Anephas will speak for 5 secs, Nivius for 4 etc. This unfortunatley doesn´t speed up Sabastio though!
Old 05-28-2002, 07:52 PM   #10
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

.. .. Thanks for the tip, unfortunately I'm running ME....Beleive it or not, Sabastio only rambles for 2 min. 15 sec...which is less then Nivius and less then Kerah & Cet...I think the silence makes it seem longer.. ...That and the fact that you usually have more than one character taking the quest.

Thats another nice thing about doing a 'Fast Track Game', you get to pass on all of that...The only things you Do is the Crypt, Dragon Spire, The Collasium and the Pyramid..

I need to find a faster way to finsh off Erathsmedor, right now it takes me about 2 min 30 sec....Cet only takes 1 min 20 sec.. ..(solo)

(Sorry Wyv.. .. but you do have to kill Erathsmedor, to finish the game in under 1 hour. The best you can do with out killing him, is 4 to 5 hours.)

I also need to find out if there a faster way to get Sarellia to open the grate in the Collasium..I know that it takes longer to go around the back way.