Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2001, 11:20 AM   #11
Moni

Well I would like to see the evil Monyka offed LOL. Tried to bait Raistlin into having the upper hand there but I guess he wants to torture her evil soul a bit yet.

Being completely flattered that a poster would add a character named "after me" I would rather that character NOT be evil, turned evil or let to live if they were LOL!

I am not evil!
I repeat, I am not evil!
; )

I like the idea of having our own storyline...one that touches the actual games NPCs and continent but following the storyline of the game would make our adventures here as boring as playing through a tenth time.

I am interested in seeing what becomes of the personalities created here as well as the discovery of the famed Ukabu Brew! I hear it is pretty wild stuff!

I am missing all Y'alls posts (yes I still reside in Texas, thank you!) and look forward to you guys and gals jumping back in to continue it...as long as you keep writing, the storyline can continue inthe direction it was originally headed!

As far as I can tell, the original party is still sitting in the Inn waiting to leave and the evil Monyka is in the area west of Ishad N'ha killing off Ratlings to gain experience for a later confrontation with the party.
Leave her there and kill her later, or kill her now...the original story can continue as planned without her!

All is not lost so put your fingers on the proper keys and get busy! (PLEASE!)

; )
Old 02-25-2001, 11:33 AM   #12
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Moni - how would you like it if Monyka was "SAVED"??? Redeemed from her evil connection with Lord Cet and made a champion of good???

I'd like that!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2001, 01:02 PM   #13
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Hehehe, well, looks like I'm back in after all...just seconded Wyvern's turning of the way for Monyka.

One more rule I want established, if everyone is with me on this: Absolutely, positively, NO MORE P-KILLING!! If you want to do that sh**, go to Battle.net. It has no place here, unless you obtain permission from the poster (i.e., the poster genuninely wants to remove his/her character from the storyline). P-Killing is the very reason I have never played multiplayer and never will...and I for one don't want to see that in our storyline.

Okay, off my soapbox. Back to regularly scheduled programming...

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2001, 02:13 PM   #14
adam mage

here's what we can do....

how about get into the line of plots: (1) Brew quest
(2) fight encounter of the disgrunted people disqualified from the try-outs (to kill off unwanted people on the storyline)
(3) trouble with Monyka
(4) death of the member
(5)Secret's out! what will become of the team?
(6) betrayal
then (7) we'll finally encounter Cet

OR: If necessary, the posters can put the title of the plot in before they post their storyline.

for example:
(Brew Quest)
...yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda get the leaf from the Jungle Lily....yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda...in big trouble....yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda .....only 3 days....yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda....I'm an idiot for going on this quest....yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda
Old 02-25-2001, 02:50 PM   #15
Mammawlin

Lots of good points here! I agree with Wyv that Monyka must have redeemtion qualities, or eles the great and powerful sage, Wyvern, would not have brought her back from the dead. And Monyka is so cool to have shown the wannabe ninja what a real ninja may be capable of - and she is so beautiful too! I also agree that there could be a bigger party, but how much bigger should be agreed upon too, or eles that may get out of hand also. (*note: Raistlin was sent by Kerah herslef, right!) And Adam has a logical direction for the storyline to continue. Scronan is absolutely right about the original being somewhat "abstract" shall we say; but, on the other hand, that's what happens when you have a lot of chefs in the brew. Wyv is right too about waiting for someone to post before continuing on from a certain point. Man, I'm just an agreeing machine today, HUH!? In any case, I can't wait to get back into the story - I am at that point where I am "waiting" for the next line to encourage my thoughts. It is time for them to meet with Wyvern - I hope someone will have a visual description of this beast/beauty/sage that will prompt my imagination to see something I've never seen before (Whew! quite a request, huh!?) And then its off to meet the perils of collecting to inspire the brew and conquer the evil while winning evil to good - up to the ending, when the adventures may find the brew to be even more valuable than anyone ever knew - or something like that. . . .
Old 02-25-2001, 03:08 PM   #16
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hi Again,

Wow, y'all has been busy, I just sent that this morning.

Wyv - Sounds like you are getting some good ideas. I'm still confused about the whole Monyka thing, I thought the "Sage Wyvern" was some disciple of Kerah and a goody two shoes. My original idea was that the hooded figure would be some highly beautiful but celebate lass who all the men would fall in love with, but she'd have nothing to do with them (ie an Artemis type).

Well, one thing I'm thinking is that maybe I'm trying too much to write the way I want to. The idea of the Ukabu brew having mushrooms and getting the party stoned was an idea I had with my story at Slip's site, which was to come out in subsequent chapters but I have yet to complete them.

So, I thought this would be an opportunity to give the idea a humourous twist and have some fun too. But as of right now...I'm pretty burned out with this whole idea.

Saz - I agree, no offing people without reason. And I too, am not going to contribute any more until some kind of organization takes place....

Well, I hope we reach some kind of agreement...but I'd be willing to take my part and turn into a solo piece, and bow out gratefully if y'all want to do something else? I'm pretty open minded.

Scronan
Scronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2001, 08:11 PM   #17
Moni

Sazerac, yes I remember your post. : )
I even added to that part of the story to make it more plausible, but at that time, the Monyka character had been veemed evil and I tried to get her killed when people quit posting. ; )

As far as Nanobyte's posts go, they were an interruption to the storyline we had all worked so hard to put back together and get going in another thread (IN MY OPINION). esp when there was another thread clearly marked "Comments on the W&W Storyline" just below it where these could have been placed.
But look how great it turned out to be when I incorporated it into the story of Monyka being a bit on the insane side and Wyvern took hold and made something very beautiful out of it!

Thank you too for your encouragement involving Monyka!

I am at a loss for creative words to add tonight, being just too darned tired. Had a very long and stressful day having to go get Grandpa only to find out that he has an infection in his lungs that has gotten worse since he went in. He looked good but was hacking and coughing like I have never seen. He wants to come home very much too...this house is his life and he misses his animals. Bubba (his 20 lb cat) is not too happy about him being gone all week either and to have to come home without him was a real bummer.

ANYWAY *sigh* I love the continuation that has taken place while we were in the city today and I look forward to returning to have some fun after I too have gotten some much needed rest.

Goodnight and God Bless You All
Hugs For Everyone,
: )
Moni
Old 02-26-2001, 02:13 AM   #18
Elara
The Magister

Well folks, the storyline had wandered a bit (and very entertainingly) while our heroes were sorting themselves out. And now it seems there's agreement here to place their focus forward. ■And, first things first.. Ukabu Brew! ■At least that's my vote.

Moni, so sorry to hear of your grandfather's trials. Hope he feels well, soon. I know it's tough on you and your family too, the traveling, the worry and all. Seeing all get better..

adam
I do agree that the thread should be posted under your name. This is why the highlight on the post header has your name added. But by the time I posted I had lost sight of placing the header at the top of the post inside, that it was a continuation of your storyline thread. Instead, my note lay incomplete and buried at the bottom. Am sorry about the oversight, was just so tired by that time that my acuity had gone into stasis. ■*rueful smile*

So.. how about this suggestion: I'll work on making corrections and ommissions on the synopsis, and when it's completed, send it to you for when you assemble your storyline continuation on the new forum. That will put it back where it's belonged all along. ■If this suits you, give me a yea please, and I'll get busy in the meantime. ■

Question for all you fable rousers :

Is the synopsis too dense to be easily assimulated? ■When culling and compacting the story, it hurt to cut out all those great eyeviews of everyone who wrote it.. but maybe I've got too much detail? ■What do you think?

And of even more importance to the storyline is, are there more corrections, ommissions, and general acts of blunder of mine to be rectified? *ulp*

If there are things that concern you, leave 'em here and I'll check back and see what the concensus is, if that's all right.

Night, oh, nope, early morning, for now..
Elara
Elara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2001, 11:18 AM   #19
Elara
The Magister

*BEROINNNG* to the top..

Gooood Morning!!
Elara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2001, 09:54 PM   #20
Moni

Elara,
Thank you! Grandpa did come home today and is a bit weak and tired but we expect him to be his old self in a couple of days when he adjusts to taking new medications.
: )
We are all so happy to have him home!