Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you like the 3-rd Edition rules
Yes 18 60.00%
No 12 40.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-04-2002, 05:46 PM   #1
uss
20th Level Warrior

i think they`re ok but 2-nd Edition would be nicer so i choose "no"
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2002, 06:33 PM   #2
Greadius
The Magister

The charms of 2nd edition have always managed to elude me.

NWN is as close as its gotten on the PC (and probably will be for sometime), and has already made the game worlds more fun than the earlier attempts.
Greadius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2002, 07:15 PM   #3
Sorcerer Dave
Drow Warrior

I like some aspects of 2nd and some of 3rd. If there were a highbrid taking the best aspects of each part it would be good. I miss my THAC0 and old AC though, I understood them better.
Sorcerer Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2002, 07:24 PM   #4
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

I love 3rd ed, I think it's great, much better than 2nd ed (Its makes my life as a DM so much easier when teaching neebies how to play D&D). As for computer games using 3rd ed I don't know yet I haven't had a chance to play NWN yet, so I wont comment at the moment. But come tuesday when I get it I will cast my vote [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2002, 08:52 PM   #5
Deathcow
Elminster

i like 3rd better
Deathcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2002, 08:56 PM   #6
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

i know this is gonna sound stupid maybe cause im not really into the board game or anything but whats are 2nd and 3rd edition rules and how do they vary?
theifprowess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2002, 09:14 PM   #7
Blade
Emerald Dragon

2nd edition is what the bg series used only they modified it in bg2 to adding in some 3rd rules, and third edition is what nwn uses. Simpily they are different sets of restrictions or abilities and how they work and are governed in the world of ferun. As for the poal i like both because each has its own charms.
Old 07-05-2002, 01:46 AM   #8
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

hmm, i think 3rd is better except for a few things like the experience in multiplayer, i mean, you have to get a high experience (for example your lvl 10 fighter going to 11) just to lvl up once in a thief.. right??

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 02:32 AM   #9
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

i like 3rd edition. i dont like how elves couldnt multiclass in 2nd, even though they lived longer. humans, with the shortest of all lifespans, could learn new skills, whereas an elf liveing for centuries, couldnt. this makes it MUCH better in a fantasy sense. each class and race has its strenghts and weaknesses as well. my 14th level elven sorceror is a machine, a MACHINE i say.
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 03:33 AM   #10
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well since I havenīt played NWN for more then two hours, even though I have had the game for longer then that! I have actually been busy with other stuff.

As the rules goes, I prefer 3:ed more then 2:nd edition.

As far as NWN and 3:ed rules goes, well I have to try it out still, however I have seen somethings in my limited play that isnīt the 3:ed rules from PnP and that is a bit discomforting. Chainshirt is a light armour not medium and your ranger shouldnīt loose his abilities for wearing it.

And the major thing I have with all DnD rules, you level up so damn quick! You have hardly time to enjoy your progress before you have to choose new feats and new skills. A bit disapointing actually. Hopefully one can change this in the DM tools etc etc.

The game is very addictive and so far I like what I see, but I have to agree with a post Yorick made. The mugshots are hideous, and the voices are awful!!!

I guess it is back to hunt for some cool images again.. (Thanks for the dummy files Ziroc!! :

Donīt eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote