Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2001, 12:25 AM   #1
Nostron
Manshoon

Well my just wanted to share that my prom is coming and where holding it at the "Fairmont Hotel"
i was just ponderingon what did u guys do before, during and after the prom and how is...Magical, boring or otherwize
For some u guys have to remember from way back

I'll start...
the plan is
limo pick up,
Diner (some italian restaurant),
Prom,
and Bowling afterwards.

------------------
That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
Old 05-14-2001, 12:26 AM   #2
Nostron
Manshoon

ohhhhhh i forgot to ask if anyone got luck?
Old 05-14-2001, 09:30 AM   #3
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

sheesh that was 11 years ago.. I never went to the prom
too busy for the exams....

bowling afterwards? how things have changed.... usually they go out drinking and do 'wheelies' with a limo...
------------------

[This message has been edited by adam warlock (edited 05-14-2001).]
Old 05-14-2001, 09:34 AM   #4
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Nostron:
Well my just wanted to share that my prom is coming and where holding it at the "Fairmont Hotel"
i was just ponderingon what did u guys do before, during and after the prom and how is...Magical, boring or otherwize
For some u guys have to remember from way back

I'll start...
the plan is
limo pick up,
Diner (some italian restaurant),
Prom,
and Bowling afterwards.

Didn´t have any luck and we don´t have exactly a "prom" here in Sweden. Just dress up fine and go to a fine place and eat and drink and tries to be happy!

have a nice one!

------------------

WOLF WINS EVERY FIGHT BUT ONE, AND IN THAT ONE, HE DIES
Old 05-14-2001, 10:08 AM   #5
Moni

I never went to my prom but years later I did dress up on Halloween as a girl that never made it home from the prom because she got killed in a auto accident caused by drinking and driving. I scared the hell outta some people with all the dead make-up I had on but it made them think.

Don't drink and drive, you are too young to die!
Don't get into a vehicle being driven by a drunk, you are too young to die!

Here locally prom nights are going on and there are crowds of well dressed kids going out to eat at good steak houses....good idea. : )

I like your plan...stick with it!

The rules I gave my own son on ANY night out were, "Have Fun and Be Careful!"
You do the same and I hope you have a wonderful night to remember!

Moni

------------------

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 05-14-2001).]

Old 05-14-2001, 10:13 AM   #6
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
I never went to my prom but years later I did dress up on Halloween as a girl that never made it home from the prom because she got killed in a auto accident caused by drinking and driving. I scared the hell outta some people with all the dead make-up I had on but it made them think.

Don't drink and drive, you are too young to die!
Don't get into a vehicle being driven by a drunk, you are too young to die!

Here locally prom nights are going on and there are crowds of well dressed kids going out to eat at good steak houses....good idea. : )

I like your plan...stick with it!

The rules I gave my own son on ANY night out were, "Have Fun and Be Careful!"
You do the same and I hope you have a wonderful night to remember!

Moni

Good advices, that is not only for the young... Too many drunk frivers out there.

------------------

WOLF WINS EVERY FIGHT BUT ONE, AND IN THAT ONE, HE DIES
Old 05-14-2001, 11:40 AM   #7
Black Knight

And now something I hope you REALLY like.

Ah prom stories. My Sophomore year, I took my beau to a nice Italian place. Went out in the parking lot (in the rain) and went to unlock her door. Key broke off in the lock. Now we are standing outside in the rain, no car, spare key is 40 miles away (why does prom have to be so far away!!) and it took my Dad an hour and half to find it and bring it to us. So we went back in and had dessert (on the manager no less, oh and everyone go to Olive Garden, he told me to mention the restaurant fondly whenever I mention this story) It made for an good story when we finally got to Prom.

BK

------------------

The Black Storm Cloud of the Night
Consort to a Queen
Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way
Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons
Heart, Mind, and Soul
Offical Wizard and Warrior Questioner
What is this, the Spanish Inquisition?
Ironworks Answer Man
Old 05-14-2001, 12:03 PM   #8
Black Knight

This isn't a Prom story, but it is the College version (Formal for GF's Sorority). We went down to Cincinnati OH (why do they always have to go somewhere else . . .) and stopped at "The Top" which is a fancy shmacy steak place on top of a fifty floor hotel room. Then we stopped off at the hotel and got changed. Then I called down and ordered the evening fun stuff. We went downstairs after the desk called up. The Horse and Carriage ride was there. He took us to the River to the Riverboat that the dance was at. Had much fun at the dance, cheap drinks, good DJ, then we walked out to the Limo I had ordered drove around Cincinnati for an hour and then our good man dropped us off for the night at the hotel. Next day we went to the Aquarium nearby KY and the drove home. Very night time.

BK

------------------

The Black Storm Cloud of the Night
Consort to a Queen
Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way
Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons
Heart, Mind, and Soul
Offical Wizard and Warrior Questioner
What is this, the Spanish Inquisition?
Ironworks Answer Man
Old 05-14-2001, 01:25 PM   #9
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

How exciting Nostron! God, my prom was 4 years ago, and I had a blast. We did the limo thing, got tanked on the way to dinner, got tanked at dinner, got more tanked on the way to the dance. The dance was cool, but we really only stayed long enough for pictures, then we left to the after party. My uncle owns a hotel by Disneyland, so we got the ballroom reserved for us and had a huge, and I mean raging after party that went well into the next day. It was great.

I hope you have the time of your life...(greenday???)

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)
Old 05-14-2001, 02:44 PM   #10
Reeka

Your date's going to go bowling in a prom dress or did I miss something? And yeah, be careful.

------------------
O_H_F