Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2002, 08:23 PM   #1
Elven Paladin
Welcomed New User

Hi, I just started playing the game about a week ago. So far I have loved it. It's alot like the old "Eye of the Beholder" games only much improved. I have been stumped a couple of times and required the use of the hints page in order to continue on. This sight has been one of the most usefull locations I have ever found.

I have noticed several ideas in the hints page for making money during the game. Some of the ideas included cheating, such as the arrow buy bug in the Bushido. I do not like to cheat, even if it's a bug cheat. I have, however, found one of the best ways to make money using the game system rules without the cheating.

1: Upgrade a character to a ranger and acquire the "fletcher"
ability
2: Equip the ranger with the "Dragon" arrow from the Bushi Dojo
that is given as a quest item for any martial arts class.
Allow the ranger to produce a couple of extra "Dragon"
arrows. Give one of the arrows back to the character that
was given the quest so he/she can complete the quest.
3: Allow the ranger to continue producing extra "Dragon" arrows.
sell the extra arrows back to the guilds.
4: Acquire the bless ability for any character. Bless one of the
"Dragon" arrows with as many blessings as is possible.
The more expensive the better. Re-equip the ranger with
the newer arrow.
You will now have a more expensive arrow that the ranger can reproduce for free. Sell the extra arrows back to the guilds and continue to enchant/bless the arrows. I have been able to produce an arrow that sells for over 500,000 each. This is a bit of overkill for true gamers, nonetheless, it is quite usefull for the "Monte Haul" player and it utilizes the game rules without cheating.

I remembered from somewhere that a player asked if it was possible to complete both the warriors path and the wizards path in the crypt dungeon. I don't remember who asked the question or where but the two responses were a flat "No". This, however, is not true. If you start your character in the main hallway that leads to the warrior and wizard figurine rooms, the rooms with the fall-away stairs. Run towards one of the figurines, the stairs will begin to fall, as soon as you reach the second to last step jump up to the raised landing and grab the first figurine. This may take a few times to accomplish. Simply walk into the other figurine room and use one of the gemstones, found earlier in the dungeon, to acquire the second figurine. With both figurines it is now possible to complete both the wizards and warriors paths within the dungeon.

These are the two ideas I have not seen posted anywhere, Now I have a question.

What is the key for that is given by the succubi "Adrianna" in the Skull Castle dungeon? I have not found a single location where it can be used. I believe most people take the ring. I was just wondering if the key has any use at all.

Please let me know if you know the answer.

P.S. For the designers of Ironworks. Great Job!

"Elven Paladin"
Old 02-20-2002, 09:25 PM   #2
the_young_one
Manshoon

The key from Adrienne opens the vault in the lich's room (the one that says level 12 lock)
the_young_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 08:48 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Elven Paladin!!!

Fletchery is one of the great money making schemes in this game! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Currently the search function is not searching through all the post (which is unfortunate). We've had players report doing both paths in the crypt so we know it can be done if anyone is interested in doing so.

Adrianna's key is "supposed" to open the door in the Lich's study. I've seen players report that it does, I've seen players report that it doesn't. This key seems to be one of the quirky items in the game nto always behaving the same way in all games. Most players can get that door open without the use of the key.

Hope we'll be seeing you post more often!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote