Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2003, 12:24 PM   #1
DavidL
Dungeon Master

I did a search to try to find the answer, but couldn't find it. Is there some kind of signal when you "win" a rank...? I'm using my fighter, and I swear I've fought 15 different things in rank one, but it seems I could just keep going. I thought there would be something that signaled "Rank 1" was finished. (Banners? Fireworks? A naked drow female jumping out of a big cake and doing a sexy dance?) Do I just stop at five fights/levels and go to Rank 2?

TIA
DavidL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 02:18 PM   #2
dragonslayer
Manshoon

minor spoiler below

you have to win them with different amount of x:es on the board, like for example:

XOO
OXO
OOX

and next one

XXO
OXO
OOX

and so on, up til the final one with:

XXO
XXX
OXX

be sure to do the middle one last.

ok? [img]redface.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2003, 02:21 PM   #3
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Yes, you get a big prize every time you finish a rank. Good magical weapons or armor as opposed to the crummy enchanted ammo or gems that you get for finishing a level. But bear in mind that you have to complete five levels to complete a rank, with 3 battles in the first level, 4 in the second, and so on up until 7 in the fifth. That's 3+4+5+6+7=25 battles per rank. The entire 10 ranks consist of 250 fights... it gets very tedious after the first two or three ranks, but some of the loot you get is very handy.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote