Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2002, 01:39 PM   #11
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Alson:
I actually did heard of people soloing a plain Fighter, and even a Kensai. On the other hand, you're probably right, i don't see how someone will solo a Transmuter.
Kensai yes, because they have massive firepower. A simple policy of hit them so hard, they are dead before they can hit back. Feasible, but I imagine it to be a bumpy ride.

Plain fighter has been achieved? I have not seen a peep about it, but I imagine the report to be an interesting read. The Kensai can get by because of his melee power, the Wizard Slayer because of his magic resistance, and the Berserker because of his Rage ability.

I will be most interested to know how does the plain Fighter get by some of the fights in the game.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 01:49 PM   #12
Alson
Galvatron

I actually don't think it's so complicated.
It's not complicated because in BG2, and mostly ToB, every second kobold carries a +3 weapon that also gives Mind Shield and grants you 25% MR...

Well, not exactly, but you get the point...

I'm not saying that i can do it - i'm just saying it won't be impossible.

[ 07-10-2002, 01:58 PM: Message edited by: Alson ]
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 02:16 PM   #13
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
I actually don't think it's so complicated.
It's not complicated because in BG2, and mostly ToB, every second kobold carries a +3 weapon that also gives Mind Shield and grants you 25% MR...
Well, not exactly, but you get the point...
I'm not saying that i can do it - i'm just saying it won't be impossible.
Oh... it is not the 'normal' fights that I am thinking about, but the boss fights.
Old 07-10-2002, 02:29 PM   #14
Alson
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Oh... it is not the 'normal' fights that I am thinking about, but the boss fights.
Exactly - when you have such a good equipment, even a plain fighter can beat a dragon.
For example, it's not a problem getting your Fire Resistance to ~90%... And when it's that high, and you can Whirlwind, it's not hard beating Firkraag...
And with MR gear, notably the Belt of Interial Barrier, mages aren't that bad either...
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Old 07-10-2002, 02:33 PM   #15
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Exactly - when you have such a good equipment, even a plain fighter can beat a dragon.
For example, it's not a problem getting your Fire Resistance to ~90%... And when it's that high, and you can Whirlwind, it's not hard beating Firkraag...
And with MR gear, notably the Belt of Interial Barrier, mages aren't that bad either...
Let me rephrase, the ToB boss fights. Especially with the Improved Boss mods, and Ascension... ...
Old 07-10-2002, 03:02 PM   #16
Alson
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Let me rephrase, the ToB boss fights. Especially with the Improved Boss mods, and Ascension... ...
Oh, now i comlpetely agree with you.
There is no way a fighter, even the kits, can win these fights...
I doubt any class can solo the Ascension final fight, except the Sorcerer, and maybe the Fighter/Mage too...
Old 07-10-2002, 03:09 PM   #17
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Oh, now i comlpetely agree with you. There is no way a fighter, even the kits, can win these fights... I doubt any class can solo the Ascension final fight, except the Sorcerer, and maybe the Fighter/Mage too...
Actually, they can. Which was why I said I have read accounts of the Fighter kits successfully completing the Improved Boss fights, but not the plain Fighter. As for the Ascension final fight though, I think only the Kensai has been successful, not too sure about that. Kensai->Mage definitely, that was the first success story I heard for the Ascension final battle. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Kensai->Mages, they are just too powerful.
Old 07-10-2002, 03:33 PM   #18
Fiend
Manshoon

i think that the worst class to solo with is mage enchanter-charmer. they cant learn many offensive spells are not good fighters. isee 2 + sides to them. they can cast summon skeletons and summon creatures. otherwise they are useless. oh yes and dire charm.

[ 07-10-2002, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: Fiend ]
Old 07-10-2002, 03:41 PM   #19
Fiend
Manshoon

***SPOILER***

a rnger-cleric with cromfeayr and flail of ages plus five summonig devas, skeletons and casting greater whirlwind. a reasonably decent gamer should be able to win with that.

[ 07-10-2002, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: Fiend ]