Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2002, 05:09 PM   #1
theholyavenger
Manshoon

Anybody here have any idea on what class to use when starting a new game? I think a sorcerer might sound good, or a wild mage.
NOTE:I don't go for dual or multiclass, i solo through the whole game.
\"There once was a warrior true,<br />with the sense knocked out of him, too.<br />But in a hamster he found,<br />some wisdom profound,<br />and now where goes he goes his Boo!\"<br /><br />~Crazy Celvan in Baldur\'s Gate II Shadows of Amn
theholyavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2002, 05:19 PM   #2
Master Of Olympus
Dungeon Master

If you solo throughtout the game then the best bet would be for a hand to hand style char... The best in my eyes is a Caveleir, or however you spell it, lol (you can tell I am one beast of a master). You have access to what I think is the best weapon in the game.. The Holy Avenger.....wahoooooooooooo
Old 05-27-2002, 05:28 PM   #3
theholyavenger
Manshoon

Sorry, but i forgot to tell you that I AM playing as a cavalier right now. I have proficiencies in two-handed swords, katanas, and war hammers, as i will be using the holy avenger, celestial fury and the Crom Fayre(more attacking power!).What i'm interested right now are characters that uses magics...
\"There once was a warrior true,<br />with the sense knocked out of him, too.<br />But in a hamster he found,<br />some wisdom profound,<br />and now where goes he goes his Boo!\"<br /><br />~Crazy Celvan in Baldur\'s Gate II Shadows of Amn
theholyavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2002, 06:03 PM   #4
Legolas
Jack Burton

Normally I'd advise the Archer, but since you're looking for magic I'd say either the sorcerer or a pure mage (wild mage if you have ToB installed). If you class druid and cleric spells as magic too, I'd still go for sorcerer or (wild)mage [img]smile.gif[/img]

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 09:13 AM   #5
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Try the Blade, a Bard-kit. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Blades are Bards that are better swordsmen then the regular Bard, and gets the really good abilities Offensive and Defensive spin. Plus that they get the normal Bard-abilities, and gets access to a few Mage-spells. [img]smile.gif[/img]
A good class.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 09:40 AM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Bard tactics, if you are interested.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 10:34 AM   #7
Gothmog, Lord of Balrogs
Elminster

one thing i noticed in your other post, Dundee, is that you said liches can see invisible people. not true. However, they share the uncanny ability with drow [ToB] and Beholders to know exactly where you are ONCE they see you. once that lich has cast True Sight once, he can always see you.

Also, Jesters are good for soloers, except that +4 saving throws bonus for the baddies. At least (with the ToB patch) they can stun and slow at level 20, too.
Old 05-28-2002, 11:08 AM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Gothmog, Lord of Balrogs:
one thing i noticed in your other post, Dundee, is that you said liches can see invisible people. not true. However, they share the uncanny ability with drow [ToB] and Beholders to know exactly where you are ONCE they see you. once that lich has cast True Sight once, he can always see you.
That post was quite some time ago, but I stand corrected, as I have managed to attack Liches invisibly since then. You just have to be invisible before you attack them.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote