Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2004, 04:47 PM   #11
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Regular user of what ? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

I kinda like it when a game gets creepy. Games like that should be played with all the lights out in a darkened room, it adds to the overall effect of the game. I used to play Unreal like that.
Old 11-19-2004, 04:50 PM   #12
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Regular user of what ? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

I kinda like it when a game gets creepy. Games like that should be played with all the lights out in a darkened room, it adds to the overall effect of the game. I used to play Unreal like that.
I mean not a dev on a Pentium 10 100 ghz...

Now that I took a good look at his graphic, I can say that mine are way better. His don't have what do you call it? antialias I think.
Luvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 04:57 PM   #13
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Btw...do you have a link to that site you're talking about ? I'd like to keep an eye on the latest developments re patches and stuff, so i know what to expect and do once i have the game. It should be in stores here next week, and i'll be right on top of it when it does, so i don't mind downloading some stuff in advance.
Old 11-19-2004, 05:08 PM   #14
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

If you want, but I must warn you first. All those that have the game working are busy playing, so it leave the vocal users that can't get it to work, so it's not painting a very nice picture of the game.

To me the fact that the devs are on the forum hunting for bugs prove that they care, I'm sure those people will be able to play soon too.

Here
Old 11-19-2004, 05:12 PM   #15
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Thanks, looks like a good place, and it's around for some time too, since there's over 1100 members.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:26 PM   #16
Q'alooaith
Emerald Dragon

I should have the game in my hand's in a matter of hours, 8 or so if you want to get picky..
Old 11-19-2004, 11:39 PM   #17
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

omg! this game is *so* cool
i duno how far i am into the game yet...but im up to the point where im hunting the dead in the sewers

the game is so open ended its wonderful
all of the characters have voice acting for all of their lines, the combat system i thought is working pretty well - my character is a sexy/charismatic vamp chick with no combat ability and i can survive fights with tactical manuevering.
id say its just as good as fallout2 or bg2 so far - i just wish i could have a companion to fight with and romance etc.
Gabrielles blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 12:39 AM   #18
the mighty stamar

Im almost sure Im gonna get this one this weekend.

Its tough to decide between this and half life 2. But Ive heard hl 2 has under 20 hrs of gameplay so I think Id like this one more.
the mighty stamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 11:39 AM   #19
Q'alooaith
Emerald Dragon

Out of the two Bloodlines is good fun, you wont go far wrong with either but bloodlines has some great possablitys.
Old 11-21-2004, 05:16 AM   #20
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well.. I installed the game, made the firstt intro sequence and then the first mission. Sofar I'm not impressed. The game is buggy. In my little pad there is supposed to be 100 $, yepp but the frikkin desk is bugged so it won't stay open so I can get to them.

The intro movie was a sad display of floating characters and missed synch in text and speech and when the speech wan't fin9ished the place gone dark anyway...

Not to speak about the start up problems. Luckily the forum with QA's on tech support seemed to have some answeres ready for us. A really really bad sign. This game has by word of mouth NOT been pushed but been awaiting the release of HL2. So sitting on the shelves waiting to see the er dark?

I'm sorry to say but my faith in Troika is not high at the moment. Having played HalfLife 2 this week on a constant as much as possible and finishing it it has left me with a happy notion and a wonderful memory and I can't wait to replay in a harder difficulty.

The good thing with VTM is that the character developement seems pretty decent and the attitudes you get from NPC's are good. If the game can deliver a good setting and many good quests and nice story some flaws can be overlooked but they should patch it real good and real soon!

For having such a great engine as the Source engine, the movement of the character could be a heck of alot better and the trigger action for doors, lights etc could be a tarn more precise and better!

All in all, good brain work, but a c in craftmanship so far Troika!

Don´t eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote