Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2001, 02:24 AM   #1
Mike Johnson
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Some weapon spoiler ahead!!!

What is the deal? This is my second time through and I decided to go Berserker dualed to a Mage. Turns out to be a fun character. I Grand Mastered in Quarterstaff (something new and different) and I remembered this staff of the magi from the first time I played. It was one of my main reasons to put such high skills in Quarterstaff. It can woop some ass when I am fighting other mages having all the benefits it has. Well anyway it says it is 1D6 +1 weapon that alway strikes as a +5 weapon. When I actually equip it I only get the first attack with this thaco of 4. On my next attack and every time after my thaco goes back up to 8. Is that BS or am I missing something? Is it really necessary for me to have to click on the little equipped weapon icon (staff) and make the box outline in red and then attack so I can get my 4 thaco? That is BS to me! I think when a weapon is equipped, ITS EQUIPPED!! I am swinging the damm thing after all. It still lets me keep my +2 AC but I loose my thaco bonus. Anybody else experience this or am I not understanding something?
Old 05-02-2001, 03:04 AM   #2
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

invisible gives +4 to hit.
Old 05-02-2001, 03:06 AM   #3
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

what do you mean 250?

------------------

*Lord of the Screen Shot*
Get My IronWorks Winamp skin
Old 05-02-2001, 03:39 AM   #4
Halbred
The Magister

1st strike = +4 THACO = invisible bonus
2nd strike = +0 THACO = no invisible bonus

=)... i think that's what he means.
Old 05-02-2001, 03:51 AM   #5
Mike Johnson
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I only read +4 to savings throws bonus and -4 to hit for invisibility under invisibilty (spell) description no addition to Thaco. Is there some "unwritten" rule at play here? I am somewhat ignorant when it comes to many AD&D rules.
Old 05-02-2001, 03:58 AM   #6
Halbred
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Johnson:
I only read +4 to savings throws bonus and -4 to hit for invisibility under invisibilty (spell) description no addition to Thaco. Is there some "unwritten" rule at play here? I am somewhat ignorant when it comes to many AD&D rules.
I'm not too keen on the rules either, but you wrote that it said "-4 TO HIT for.." THACO = To Hit Armor Class 0. Not sure where that ties in but somehow that -4 and the invisibility is the cause of your problem, im not too familiar with that staff, never got it sorry =)

Old 05-02-2001, 04:05 AM   #7
Mike Johnson
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Under the spell description for invisibility it states "Attacks against the invisible character suffer a -4 penalty to attack rolls, and the invisible character's savings throws are made with a +4 bonus"....Does this tie into THACO somehow?

I'm not satisfied until I beat the dead horse deader....heheh
Old 05-02-2001, 04:42 AM   #8
Rikard

I think what two-five-o says is that the +5 enchantment only counts when YOU re invisible
Adn the staff of the magi makes you invisible untill you stike
Whennyou click on the box with the staff
you re"equip it thus making you invisible again
and giving you the +5 again

------------------

The Githyanki Necromancer - High Magician of the Holy Flame

Old 05-02-2001, 04:43 AM   #9
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

sigh... let me clear things up:

when you are invisible, you get +4 to hit. same thing applies to hid in shadow. that is why thieves can hit enemies better when they attack from stealth mod.
Old 05-02-2001, 07:46 AM   #10
ShadowUK

Yes 250 is right. You just get bonuses for being invisible. When you attack someone you lose your invisibility.

No one lacks strength,
They lack will.

------------------