Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2002, 04:27 PM   #1
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

I noticed that if you save before opening a chest and reload and open it again you ususally get different and better stuff..
Old 06-28-2002, 06:12 PM   #2
Tsantlar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sometime you do...but sometimes you don't. I play a wizard and one time got a nice new wand of lesser summoning. Well for one reason or another I had to start from a previously saved game. When I got that same crate I only got some gold. Talk about being bummed. I could use that Summoning Wand.

Besides doing that on purpose defeats the fun of the game!

[ 06-28-2002, 06:59 PM: Message edited by: Tsantlar ]
Tsantlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2002, 06:16 PM   #3
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

It's true. I've croaked a few times and reloaded and opened the same crates/chests again and got different stuff, sometimes.. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2002, 06:38 PM   #4
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Yep some are random. Some are also class specific. If you specialize in a certain weapon thats what will be there etc
Old 06-28-2002, 07:15 PM   #5
DeSoya
Manshoon

Chest "Farming" is a time honored Might and Magic tactic. I don't do it with any other game though. Too munchkinish. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

DeSoya
Old 06-28-2002, 07:33 PM   #6
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I just take what there is, only discovered it on reloading a few times when I forgot to save lol. Anyway IWD was the same way. Plus its usually potions, I dont know about you guys but I'm up to my eyeballs in potions. I rarely need them yet I keep them lol
Old 06-28-2002, 07:58 PM   #7
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
I just take what there is, only discovered it on reloading a few times when I forgot to save lol. Anyway IWD was the same way. Plus its usually potions, I dont know about you guys but I'm up to my eyeballs in potions. I rarely need them yet I keep them lol
No kidding! And I play a cleric, too; that makes it that much worse! That's okay. I just save my healing spells for me and use the potions on my allies. I still wish my henchman and/or summons could carry stuff (a 12 strength sucks for that).
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote