Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2002, 05:31 AM   #1
dragon_lord
Elminster

Right in the middle of fighting a pack of Yuan-Ti, the Yuan-Ti mage suddenly had this piece of wisdom for me: Yeah right thanks for that advice, now have a two handed sword through the head!

I have the smarter mages mod installed as part of the Tactics Mod which is probably the cause, so has anyone else had this happen to them?
[img]\"http://unrealpowerhouse.ozforces.com.au/lich_des.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />[url]\"http://www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/\" target=\"_blank\">The Items Mart</a><br /><br />[url]\"http://www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/misc.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Monster Enchantments and Immunities List</a>
dragon_lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 05:48 AM   #2
andrewas
Harper

LOL.

This is caused by an error in your dialogue.tlk. A weiDU mod like Tactics shoudnt cause it, but if you isntalled a regular mod afterwards, that might have caused it. Or it might be a genuine bug with the mod.
Old 11-21-2002, 05:48 AM   #3
Whailor

Heh, wordy mage [img]smile.gif[/img]

No, has not happened to me. I had my own small oddity though too, latey - when you go to Copper Coronet with Mazzy, that fool bully will smack some bystander. Well, I didn't do anything myself, thought that Mazzy will, as in previous times, smack him and I get to see some action. But, Mazzy didn't move a finger and then the bully spoke again - and blam! Another bystander spawned. Then he spoke again and yet another bystander spawned.

When I had already 12 bystanders, I figured that's enough for the day and smacked the bully. Then all these 12 bystanders walked away, quietly like nothing ever happened...
Old 11-21-2002, 06:05 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

This reminds me of the time when the Yuan-Ti Mage in De'Arnise Keep cast Improved Invisibility on Anomen... saving him and boosting his combat prowness. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Icewind Dale too... the enemy Clerics in that game attempt to cast healing spell on your injured characters... making them laughably some of the easiest opponents in the game.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2002, 05:43 PM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
This reminds me of the time when the Yuan-Ti Mage in De'Arnise Keep cast Improved Invisibility on Anomen... saving him and boosting his combat prowness. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Icewind Dale too... the enemy Clerics in that game attempt to cast healing spell on your injured characters... making them laughably some of the easiest opponents in the game.
Man....I never had it that good, but on the game I'm running now, I didn't hit the Planar Prison until Chapter 6, so normally where one Yuan-Ti Mage would spawn, I'd get them in groups of three. They followed their AI scripts like lobotomized sheep: Animate Dead, Animate Dead (picture a bunch of Skeletons surrounding their masters in a protective huddle, with my Barbarian bashing his way through), and then they all cast _Skull Trap_ simultaneously. *BLAM* everybody falls over dead--except for me, who's left jumping up & down, yelling, "HEY! That was *my* EXP!!!"