Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2004, 11:25 PM   #1
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

My party is (roughly) at the 45,000 XP mark (protagonist is an 11th level sorcerer).

I'm trying not to do too much, so that Imoen won't be far behind in XP when I pick her up. OTOH, I want to make sure I have enough equipment before leaving, so that I won't get my butt kicked when I arrive.

I've done the Unseeing Eye quest, half of the DeArnisse keep (honestly, I just wanted to dip in for the FoA and that +3 Axe), and helped out the Shadow Thieves (chapter 3).

I have 3 +3 weapons right now, 4 is you count my sorcerer's Melf's Minute Meteors, so I should be able to hit some big baddies. Is there anything else I really need before setting sail?

TIA
Old 04-15-2004, 11:28 PM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

You will survive.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 03:51 AM   #3
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Mad

It will be very challenging. My first time thru BG2 I went to the Spellhold/Underdark sequence at about the same level. I HIGHLY recommend you buy a rod of resurrection. I also think you get one as treasure sometime in the early part of the sequence, IIRC. That will give you 2 of them. You WILL need them.

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 07:06 PM   #4
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Like Dundee said, you'll survive. If you tell us who's in your party, we can help you out more.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 07:42 PM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by krunchyfrogg:
Is there anything else I really need before setting sail?
I don't really think it's a spoiler to warn you that a large area of where you're going contains absolutely NO TEMPLES. So I'll echo ElfBane and suggest a Rod of Resurrection and maybe some Restoration scrolls, too.
Old 04-17-2004, 01:48 AM   #6
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord:
Like Dundee said, you'll survive. If you tell us who's in your party, we can help you out more.
Anomen
Jaheira
Keldorn
Imoen
Minsc
Old 04-17-2004, 11:51 AM   #7
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by krunchyfrogg:
quote:
Anomen
Jaheira
Keldorn
Imoen
Minsc
[/QUOTE]May I ask how Imoen is in your party? Or do you mean you plan on picking her up there?

Your a sorceror, so you've got good spell power there at your level. Jaheira and Anomen are more than enough for your every day healing needs, so don't worry about that. Minsc and Keldorn will do great as tanks for you, which you'll really need.
Also, like Six said, anything that you want that's in a store, but it now before you leave. Don't worry too much about inventory space. You'll see what I mean later on.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 02:05 PM   #8
IranicuS
The Magister

Uh perhaps he should kill that wizard who holds Hear Dalis...u gain some final exp...and u can get a rod of Resurrection...
Old 04-17-2004, 02:51 PM   #9
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

IranicuS, some minor spoiler warning might be good since we don't know whether the original poster knows that quest and who Hear Dalis is or not,

anyway,

actually you'll get more exp if not killing the wizard while doing the quest. of course you'll still get the rod.
Old 04-17-2004, 11:40 PM   #10
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by ElfBane:
It will be very challenging. My first time thru BG2 I went to the Spellhold/Underdark sequence at about the same level. I HIGHLY recommend you buy a rod of resurrection. I also think you get one as treasure sometime in the early part of the sequence, IIRC. That will give you 2 of them. You WILL need them.
Well, I've left off, and made it through the dungeon ok. As a matter of fact, I'm hanging out with some fish-guys now (Sahuagin (sp?)). I didn't pick up a Rod of Ressurection, so I guess I'll have to play it real safe from here on out. When Anomen and Jaheira gain more spells (I think it's 6th level), I'll have them each memorize a Raise Dead/Harper's Call (or whatever Jaheira's is called).

Quote:
May I ask how Imoen is in your party? Or do you mean you plan on picking her up there?[/QB]
I meant that I'd add her. I guess I shouldn't post without thinking. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I know I'll have space, b/c I brought Yoshi along for the cruise.