Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2001, 12:26 PM   #1
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

It was reported this week that 2000 election Green Party candidate Ralph Nader was completely opposed to the bombings in Afghanistan.

I saw part of a speach/interview he gave, and he says he would have increased the humanitarian aid infrastructure in Afghanistan after the September 11th terrorist attacks and simultaniously send in elite teams of special forces to kill/capture Osama.

Does he really think that the Taliban would have looked anymore kindly on the insertion of foreign forces into their country to remove an assest they value more than the lives of their civilians? I'm sure they would be glad the bombs weren't dropping on them, but I can't see why they would think it was any different since Osama is so important to them.

How do you insert small teams of Americans into the cities and mountains of Afghanistan without any cover? Several 10 man squads working their way around the 45,000 Taliban ground forces, and Osama's radical faction to eliminate the terrorists without causing too much trouble? I have the fullest confidence in our elite armed services, but they are soldiers not miracle workers.

While it is completely reasonable to want to save lifes, it's hard to reconcile it with ousting the Taliban and removing terrorists.
Old 11-03-2001, 01:03 PM   #2
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
It was reported this week that 2000 election Green Party candidate Ralph Nader was completely opposed to the bombings in Afghanistan.

I saw part of a speach/interview he gave, and he says he would have increased the humanitarian aid infrastructure in Afghanistan after the September 11th terrorist attacks and simultaniously send in elite teams of special forces to kill/capture Osama.

Does he really think that the Taliban would have looked anymore kindly on the insertion of foreign forces into their country to remove an assest they value more than the lives of their civilians? I'm sure they would be glad the bombs weren't dropping on them, but I can't see why they would think it was any different since Osama is so important to them.

How do you insert small teams of Americans into the cities and mountains of Afghanistan without any cover? Several 10 man squads working their way around the 45,000 Taliban ground forces, and Osama's radical faction to eliminate the terrorists without causing too much trouble? I have the fullest confidence in our elite armed services, but they are soldiers not miracle workers.

While it is completely reasonable to want to save lifes, it's hard to reconcile it with ousting the Taliban and removing terrorists.

If the US et al ever manage to track down and eliminate Osama, I will cut off my tail and eat it with mustard.
Old 11-03-2001, 01:06 PM   #3
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

But what did you think?
Old 11-03-2001, 01:10 PM   #4
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
But what did you think?

hehe, sorry RonB, just getting to grips with the new board, is all. Have now gone back and edited post so that it has somat in it....

~ RonB hovers over forum like a deathwatch like a bird of prey, seeking, ever seeking, responses to respond to......
Old 11-03-2001, 01:17 PM   #5
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
~ RonB hovers over forum like a deathwatch like a bird of prey, seeking, ever seeking, responses to respond to......

~Ronn ever on the lookout for his favorite dish, English Mustard Tail~

LOL...I've had a few "almost" posts in the new forum today, too.
Old 11-03-2001, 01:22 PM   #6
Neb
Account deleted by Request

quote:

If the US et al ever manage to track down and eliminate Osama, I will cut off my tail and eat it with mustard.

I will hold you to that promise SC!
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2001, 01:29 PM   #7
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

quote:
Originally posted by Neb:

I will hold you to that promise SC!

I'll fly you over to be present at the feast, Nebling..... In fact, I'll share the delicacy with you... how's that for friendship.

Greater love hath no cheetah, that she share her tail with a friend....
Old 11-03-2001, 01:35 PM   #8
Neb
Account deleted by Request

quote:

I'll fly you over to be present at the feast, Nebling..... In fact, I'll share the delicacy with you... how's that for friendship.

Greater love hath no cheetah, that she share her tail with a friend....

Silver Cheetah tail with mustard? Sounds good [img]smile.gif[/img]
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote