Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2002, 05:19 PM   #1
Salvos Jones
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have two questions about Viconia and Drows:
1. Is there a thing you can edit that that you can be a drow,and doesn't come whith all that other junk?
2. I know this may sound stupid ,but I heard that if you're a elf you can't have romance whith Viconia,but if you're a drow will you still be counted as an elf,and not be able to have romance whith her?
Old 01-22-2002, 05:29 PM   #2
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well heres ur answers:
1) No you cannot become a 'Drow' as in the fact you will not gain 70% MR if you choose to be an evil elf and have black skin and white hair. People still call you elf and you do not just 'Fit in' in the underdark

2) YOu can romance Viconia as an elf so that isnt a proplem if you are trying to RP a drow.
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 05:34 PM   #3
Nifft the Nimble

Hello Salvos!

It's true that Viconia isn't partial to Elves --- she prefers her males to be larger, nudge nudge, wink wink.

Since you can't play as a Drow and she has racial problems with weak surface Elves, just be a human or half-elf and enjoy her charms.

I think that the Baldurdash ToB fix-patch will allow her to fall for half-orcs, if you're interested in playing an even larger character.

-- Nifft
Nifft the Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 06:02 PM   #4
Salvos Jones
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks all just be a half elf,and just look like a drow.
Old 01-22-2002, 06:48 PM   #5
fable
Quintesson

There *is* a Baldurdash patch that will enable romances for all races, with all possible female candidates: http://members.home.net/mrkevvy/
fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 09:13 PM   #6
F. Gottwald
Manshoon

you could turn yourself into a drow:
give yourself +1 int and dex but also give yourself -2 cha
give yourself 50% magic resistance (i wouldn´t bother with the additional 2/level as drow lose some mr when on the surface)
give yourself -2 to reputation

this isn´t perfect (after all, drow also gain an xp penalty and suffer penalties for fighting in the light rather than in the darkness), but it´ll be a closer approximation than they used for viconia.
Old 01-23-2002, 04:55 AM   #7
Anarion

quote:
Originally posted by F. Gottwald:
you could turn yourself into a drow:
give yourself +1 int and dex but also give yourself -2 cha
give yourself 50% magic resistance (i wouldn´t bother with the additional 2/level as drow lose some mr when on the surface)
give yourself -2 to reputation

this isn´t perfect (after all, drow also gain an xp penalty and suffer penalties for fighting in the light rather than in the darkness), but it´ll be a closer approximation than they used for viconia.

( here we go again)

or you could get TDD and be a drow cleric, a drow ranger, a drow assassin, a drow warrior or a drow battlemonger!

with all the usual drow stuff- ie magic resistance innate abilities etc
Old 01-23-2002, 06:50 AM   #8
Glorfindel

And now I can break down crying as some1 mentions TDD and I cant get it [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]
Old 01-23-2002, 07:07 AM   #9
Lucre
Elminster

quote:
Originally posted by Glorfindel:
And now I can break down crying as some1 mentions TDD and I cant get it [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

TDD is great, i spent a whole 12 hours downloading it, my computer then gota virus and we had to wipe the hard drive [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img] ! Anyway it was great, apart from some of the kits didnt work like Fallen Paladin(???) because you couldnt choose an alignment [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img] !
Lucre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 07:13 AM   #10
Glorfindel

* Breaks down and starts rolling around on the floor mumbling "its not fair, Its not fair" * [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]