Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2003, 05:00 AM   #1
ryaldin
Elminster

I was in Brynnlaw, and I had a hankering for a *SPOILER*
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
book of infinite spells, so I figured I aught to give ol' Perth a visit :stops talking in redneck slang: Anyways, I was beating at him mercilessly with the FoA and Frostreaver +3 and whether through a contingency or an actual memorized spell, he cast simalcrum. The thing is, when he cast it, I butchered him, and he turned into a fine red mist. One of the chunks of Perth bounced onto the spot where his Simulcrum was supposed to have summoned, and sort of hovered there, spinning. It then proceeded to cast spells at me. It was Perth's simalcrum, but at the same time...it was a chunk of human jerky. The piece of Perth in question also had protection from normal missiles, but there was no feedback circle, and he/it couldn't be targeted or attacked. There was no physical manifestation of Perth (as normally accompanies the simalcrum spell), just a chunk of Perth, gyrating and casting charm person at me. I went outside, rested for eight hours, and came back inside, and the chunk of Perth cast charm person, four of five consecutive times, and then hold person, and then it just attacked me. I'll ask this, although I'd have to suspect that I already know the answer: Has anybody else had this happen?
Old 11-26-2003, 02:57 PM   #2
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

The "spellcasting meat" phenomenon is one of our favorite topics of discussion here, though it most commonly involves the Cowled Wizards.

When someone casts Simulacrum, the Simulacrum takes the appearance of whatever its parent caster looks like at that moment--so if Mommy is using the Severed Torso avatar, the daughter is also using the Severed Torso avatar. And, since it's still a Simulacrum, it can still cast all the spells that it knows. It gets really funky when it casts Mirror Image, and you get to be attacked by seven spinning chunks of meat. Scary!

I'm befuddled, though, when you say that the Simulacrum outlasted its spell duration. That's a definite bug. But I have difficulty believing that Chunky could not be targeted or attacked--if you can see it clearly, you can target it, and if you can see it at all, you can attack it. If all else fails, just drop some AoE spells and collect loot.
Old 11-26-2003, 04:16 PM   #3
Link
Jack Burton

So seeing it, but not being able to target it, would mean trying CTRL-Y is something unthinkable?

[ 11-26-2003, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: Link ]
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 04:20 AM   #4
Whailor

The Revenge of The Ham

Other then that, funny issue but as Six said [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2003, 05:15 AM   #5
Faceman
Hathor

I had that bug once and also brought it into discussion. On this particular game it happened to me with Perth and once again in the Underdark.
It DID last forever in my game. Even with sleeping outside, and with coming back after spellhold the chunks were still there casting spell AND they could not been hit with any spells (this inluded AoE spells which were ignored not with Immunity or Ineffective, but just ignored as if there was nothing there) neither could I target it with weapons, dispel invis. (as it would have been visible. I think that the chunkified avatar cannot be targeted, as it is already dead (that is one REAL undead ) but why the spell lasts eternal I cannot tell.
Old 11-27-2003, 06:12 AM   #6
drew_jarvie
Zhentarim Guard

Lol sound funny story lol. Maybe you could destroy it by putting on that cloak that reflects magic and hope he casts a magic spell, which would bounce back and hit it. I dunno. Lol
Old 11-27-2003, 06:30 AM   #7
wellard
Dracolisk

Just happened to me with the remains of a cowled wizard. I tried for an hour to kill it. nothing works. no spell no area of effect. and it seems to have limitless spells.

LOL attack of the killer hams

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 10:40 AM   #8
ryaldin
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Whailor:
The Revenge of The Ham

Well I for one have had enough. I'm taking this issue up with the local butcher.