Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2002, 08:43 AM   #21
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

My favourite album concept is still this from your friends at Public Image Ltd

That was the CD
The vinyl was called 'Album' and the cassette...'Cassette'!

[ 12-05-2002, 08:45 AM: Message edited by: Leonis ]
Old 12-05-2002, 09:21 AM   #22
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
There's an interesting story behind this album. The 'first-albumness' essentially stems from the fact that alot of the songs on the album were actually written way back in the late 90's. This is an album of B-sides (songs that didn't quite make the grade for being put on an album at the time they were written) and other, collaborative efforts (for example: songs they wrote specifically for movie soundtracks).

Sometime last year, the guys from SOAD burned a collaboration of these songs onto 10 or so cheap CDs and gave them out at a gig they played. Needless to say, all the songs were on the internet faster than you can say 'f**k the system* [img]smile.gif[/img] Now, after seeing the worldwide success and consumer demand for these songs, American records has decided to officially release the 'album' for commercial consumption. Hence the name 'steal this album' and the cheap, home-burned look of the official CD

Personally I'm not going to buy it, as I was one of the guys who downloaded the MP3s earlier on and burned my own copy Come to think of it, I'll think I'll put it on now...
That would explain why they don't appear to be doing a tour with it then.

And I ave to agree with Talthyr - SOAD are not Nu-metal. I know because I like SOAD, but I don't like Nu-metal. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe