Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2002, 06:13 PM   #1
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Does anyone ever use this function? I haven't really found any uses for it.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 06:17 PM   #2
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

I've never used it either I can't imagine anyone else finding a use for it but you never know. It will be interesting to see if anyone has.
Old 10-28-2002, 06:18 PM   #3
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by Zarr:
I've never used it either I can't imagine anyone else finding a use for it but you never know. It will be interesting to see if anyone has.
Y ea...it certainly will be!
Old 10-28-2002, 08:47 PM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Yeah, I'm annoyed about this.....nobody EVER* uses either the Guard button, or the Talk button. Yet, for some reason, BioWare decided they were more important than things like giving Cleric/Thieves more than 1 Quick Weapon, or a button for Thievery.

*I did read of Guard being used--once. I think it was on the GameBanshee site, discussing the last fight of WK Level 5. Someone wrote in that they used Guard to make Keldorn stand somewhere that was apparently inaccessible through normal walking.

[ 10-28-2002, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: SixOfSpades ]
Old 10-28-2002, 09:00 PM   #5
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
Yeah, I'm annoyed about this.....nobody EVER* uses either the Guard button, or the Talk button. Yet, for some reason, BioWare decided they were more important than things like giving Cleric/Thieves more than 1 Quick Weapon, or a button for Thievery.

*I did read of Guard being used--once. I think it was on the GameBanshee site, discussing the last fight of WK Level 5. Someone wrote in that they used Guard to make Keldorn stand somewhere that was apparently inaccessible through normal walking.
Hmm...I'll ask next Wednesday [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2002, 11:23 PM   #6
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

I use it when I want someone to stay in a particular place (usually to get that NPC from getting into the fight).
Like if whatever weapon that NPC has has no hope of damaging a monster, I use guard to get them out of harm's way.
But I must admit that there are other ways to accomplish this.
Old 10-29-2002, 12:31 AM   #7
White Lancer
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
Yeah, I'm annoyed about this.....nobody EVER* uses either the Guard button, or the Talk button.
Can't talk to your familiar without that talk button. But i agree, the gaurd button is practically useless!
It deons\'t mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, it olny mtaetrs taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be croecrt. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it. The huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
White Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 02:17 AM   #8
Kormar the Wanderer
Manshoon

Can't remember ever using it myself...
Old 10-29-2002, 08:44 AM   #9
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I use the Guard button to follow NPCs, like the Paladin in the Graveyard District. I have also used it once to make a NPC hold his ground.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 10:47 AM   #10
Keraptisdm
Elminster

I use the "Guard" command whenever my Undead Hunter wants to spend some time with a Courtesan! Then his back is covered. [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
j/k. I've never used the guard command either.
Keraptisdm is offline   Reply With Quote