Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2002, 05:19 PM   #1
Zidane
Manshoon

I have just killed the shadow dragon Thessosomethingorother and Yoshimo, Mazzy and Nalia died in the melee.

I resurrected them, healed them and Nalia and Yoshimo found all their gear in a nice neat pile waiting for them, but do you think I could find Mazzy's? Pfugh, nowhere in sight. I went over the area with a fine tooth comb and nothing. The only thing I could think of was that the dragon collapsed on it, making it impossible for me to find it, but I scaled the dragon (heh heh, sorry about that) and there was nowt).

Usually after much fine searching I eventually discover the stuff, but not this time, I had to (roll yer eyes folks) reload to before I killed him - and I stalked off in a huff - I will go back to him later - can't be doing with that all over again.

Anyone else had that problem?

Z
Old 02-15-2002, 05:24 PM   #2
jabidas
Silver Dragon

No, I think if you hold down the Tab button it will highlight anything you can pick up, but that might just be ToB
Old 02-15-2002, 05:29 PM   #3
fable
Quintesson

It's just ToB. Once that's installed, you can TAB to see all exits and loot piles. Good reason for you to buy ToB now, Zidane.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 05:59 PM   #4
Zidane
Manshoon

Can't, I am playing on a Mac

Sent an email to MacPlay a couple of days ago and they sent me a reply back saying they couldn't comment....

Some software company out there has got to make TOB for the Mac, how the heck are you supposed to follow on the game.

If anyone out there knows if this is coming out for the Mac can they let me know please please please.

It is soooooo frustrating hearing you all go on about it and I can't get me hands on it - anybody HELP...

Z
Old 02-15-2002, 08:38 PM   #5
fable
Quintesson

Bad luck. I'd suggest going over every piece of the available turf slowly with the mouse, to see if it changes shape and shows you anything remaining on the ground. It simply has to be there.
Old 02-15-2002, 08:56 PM   #6
PeeWee
Manshoon

quote:
Originally posted by fable:
Bad luck. I'd suggest going over every piece of the available turf slowly with the mouse, to see if it changes shape and shows you anything remaining on the ground. It simply has to be there.

I agree here. I spent a good 30 minutes last night looking for my celestial fury in the sewers. Some spell knocked the weapon out of my hand and I thought I was bugged, BUT knowing that these things can happen, I combed the area and MOVED all npcs out the room. Make sure no one is standing on the stuff. Rally possible to happen too.

When I did find it, it was right next to where my main character was standing, hidden in the shadows. Very easy to miss since you are practically looking for pins and needles when it comes to items like swords and bows - they are too thin.

Now, I've also had two guys die in the same spot. The loot can appear to be one guy's loot while actually one big pile for both. I doubt this is what happened but check your pickup gear to make sure her stuff isn't in there also. Mazzy never had too much stuff in that dungeon btw, unless you knew to take some gear off a tank beforehand to give to her then it's a bit more easier to spot. Her regular gear alone is hard to find.

G'luck finding it and Grats on the kill.
Old 02-16-2002, 03:59 AM   #7
Zidane
Manshoon

Thanks PeeWee

I am gonna have to kill the dragon again though because I reloaded - thinking if I had killed him once I could kill him again - haven't been back to him yet - but I bet I can't do it again first try - probably just fluke - mind you my character is level 14 - I wandered around and did as many other quests in Athkatla first to get my experience up

I spent ages searching the joint - I had already moved all my crew to a remote corner so I could look properly. I had armored up Mazzy with some decent stuff so I wasn't going to go off without it.

I trompled all over the dragon, every bit of him but nothing, the other two sets of stuff showed up clearly, no problems.

I went over the area so thoroughly it brought back memories of the broken sword and discworld series, combing every fraction of the screen for clues.

It happens by doorways too if you are not careful, I have to remember to keep shutting the doors if I can, because they get hidden behind these.

I just gave up with Mazzys stuff in the end and reloaded.

Z
Old 02-16-2002, 04:14 AM   #8
fable
Quintesson

If it helps at all, remember to use summoned creatures a lot (try the summon monster wand), and that the dragon is highly susceptible to Magic Missiles. A bunch of those, along with the Ring of the Ram, can usually knock it out.
Old 02-16-2002, 04:20 AM   #9
Zidane
Manshoon

Thanks Fable I'll try that, in fact I''ll log out now and try it now even if it is 9am in the morning where I am

Girl power and all that.....

Z

Just another query, once I have finished my game playing as a male, I want to play as a female and I will obviously change my characters name - when I first registered I put my characters name as my log in name i.e. Zidane, when I play again can I change my profile to something like Zidania or such?

Z